"So, where are we going?" I ask.

"You know me. I'm not telling you." He looks at me quickly.

I roll my eyes and groan.

I look out the windshield and see a pair of headlights driving towards us.

"JAMES!" I scream and point.

He tries to turn the car but a car was speeding that way too. James unbuckles and jumps over me protecting me from the glass and air bag. I scream at him to stop and save himself.

James died that day. And it was all my fault.

End of Flashback

"Minty? Dylan!" Luke shakes me, he is sitting next to me now.

I didn't realize tears were streaming down my face.

We were making a scene. I get up and walk out of the restaurant.

I walk across the street to a park, taking a seat on an empty bench. I put my head in my hands. Sobbing quietly. I jump when a hand is placed on my shoulder.

"Minty, are you okay?" Luke looks down at me with worry.

"I'm fine." I stiffen up, wipe my eyes and I get up. "Lets go home." I start to walk away, but he grabs my arm.

"Where do you think you're going?" He demands.

"Lets. Go." I snap.

"No. You just ran out of a restaurant crying. There is no way that you're leaving without explanation."

"You wouldn't understand." I mumble.

"What?"

"You wouldn't understand!"

"What? I wouldn't understand how it feels to have a broken heart? To be undeniably hurt by someone you loved? Yeah, I do! You're not the only one in this world who has problems, so don't act like it!" He yells.

I flinch away. He sees it and takes it as a weakness.

"You've hurt someone. Who was it? Who did you hurt so badly that it haunts you? Who is that one person that you killed on the inside?"

Tears fall out of my eyes.

"It's not my fault." I whisper, salty tears slip down my face.

"Who was it?"

"They chose to!" I sob.

"More than one person? Wow, going around I see."

"It was their choice!" By now I could barely hear what he's saying, only going back to what I screamed when everything happened.

"If it was their choice than they were horrible people who fell for the act. They were stupid."

"They were not stupid! They were good people! It was all my fault! They chose to protect me from the cars! They were good people!! I loved them! It was my own mother and father!! And then," I sink to my knees, "James. I loved him. I loved him!" I yell at Luke. "I did not chose for them to protect me! They did it themselves." I sob.

He looks at me speechless.

I quickly take off my heels. Then I get up and run. Where I'm running I have no idea but I run.

I run for a good mile, then decide to stop at a bench in front of a café. I, once again, put my head in my hands. I don't know how long I sat like that but after awhile my butt hurt. I got up and walked to the mansion.