Stitches:17

"Just like a moth drawn to a flameOh you lured me in I couldn't sense the painYour bitter heart cold to the touchNow I'm gonna reap what I sowI'm left seeing red on my own"

Oh you lured me in I couldn't sense the pain
Your bitter heart cold to the touch
Now I'm gonna reap what I sow
I'm left seeing red on my own"

•••

"Wake yo sleepy head." Mason says ruffling his hair. He just groans. Mason has been with him 24/7. She kisses his face.

"Stop can I sleep please?" He mumbles but she kisses him more till he open his eyes and lazily smile.

"Fine lazy. I'll fix breakfast." She says kissing his lips one last time and getting up as Harlem falls back to sleep. He didn't have any classes today at all. He just wanted to get some sleep then have a chill day with mason.

Mason was cooking breakfast. She didn't like eggs but she knew Harlem did so she cooked them. She hated them with a passion.

All of a sudden she hears a door bell she goes to answer it and it's Harlem's brother Ricky. Her mind flashes back to the first time they met.

"Hi is Harlem here?" He says looking her up and down.

"He's here. Come in he's asleep." Mason smiles.
••
Harlem has to use the bathroom but stops when he sees mason and Ricky talking. He quickly grabs mason up out of the seat.

"Harlem. Why didn't you tell me about your girlfriend." Harlem glares at him then her.

"She's not my girlfriend.. she was just leaving. Wasn't you ?" He says looking st her then the door. Mason just stood their. She didn't know what to do or say. Why was he acting like this?she thought.

"Harlem what-"

"Wasn't you just leaving?" Harlem repeats a little louder and mason quickly goes to the room grabs her clothes puts them on and leaves out the door.

She didn't like this at all. Harlem really hurt her feelings. She had no idea what triggered this.

••
Harlem watches mason leaves then turns to his brother.

"Why the fuck are you here?" He says sitting down.

"That wasn't nice the way you kicked that girl out. What was her name again ?" Harlem shrugs.

"Don't worry bout it. No one of your concern. Back to my question." Harlem says crossing his arms.

"I can't come check on my little brother ? That's cold Harlem." Ricky says laughing eating some bacon.

"Mane... I gota go take care of some. Don't look through my shit."Harlem says pointing at him.

•••

Mason wasn't answering Harlem. It's been about 3 hours since she left his place and his been blowing her up. 20 messages and 15 missed calls. She had to block his number.

She was currently getting out of class. She saw Harlem waiting for her with his arms crossed looking around. She tried to go unnoticed but he saw her and went right for her. She busted out running but he caught her.

"Crap." She sighs snatching away from him. "What do you want Harlem ?" She says looking away.

"Aw come on don't do that." He says trying to touch her face but she backs away.

"I just wanna talk." He says putting up his hands. "Please let me explain okay?" Mason just nods her head. He walks to his car and she follows him.

•€•

"Look you know I don't like my brother... he is bad and -" mason cuts him off.

"So you just treat me like a one night stand ?" Harlem looked at her.

"You know your not that. I just want y'all to meet on my terms. Let me be ready." He says sighing rubbing his fingers through his hair.

"So.. we're okay ?" He says after a long pause from mason.

"If I get to meet your brother." She says looking at him. He just sighs again.

"Okay I'll let you meet him ... on my terms though." She nods her head.

"What's so wrong with him. What did he do ?" Harlem has a blank stair.

"I don't want to talk about it okay." He says sighing.

•?•

A little mystery 🤭 I wonder what Ricky did to Harlem to make him dislike him so much.