Chapter 25: Their Going To Live

Sage's P.O.V

I wake up groggily with blurry vision. My vision cleared and I noticed I'm in the infirmary, again! Last thing I remember, I'm collapsing in the meadow. I tried to move but infuriating pain shoots through my body. I look to the beds nearest to me and surely find Lily, Fane, and Jaque. I hear moaning and I see Lily wake up on the need beside me.

It hurts me to see her like this, in pain. She fluttered her eyes open and gave me a pained smile. I returned it with my own. Chamie came in and checked us over, we are good. I got up and so did Lily so we can look at our two best friends. The sight hurt me. Fane and Jaque's skin are paled, cuts and bruises stained or pierced their skin. Lily hugged me and let quiet sobs come out into my chest.

"They were improving, until they woke up for a minute. You guys needed blood and they were the only same types. So they insisted on giving blood to you, now I don't know what will happen. Looks like two awake, two in danger." Chamie sighed. I nodded, afraid to speak for the fear of tears spilling down my cheeks. Lily and I quietly walked out of the infirmary and headed to see our grandparents. Lily dried her waterfall of tears and opened the door to the meeting room.

We are cascaded with hugs and grateful cheers, but it soon died. The condition of Jaque and Fane worried us, they gave blood to us, even if they knew they might die. All we can do now is wait and see of they will be okay.

Lily's P.O.V

It has been three days since Sage and I woke up. We sit by Jaque and Fane constantly, not moving. We barely eat or sleep! We always check if there is any sign of movement. Their faces are still pale, but with a bit of colour coming back. Their breaths are short and shallow, and their heartbeats are weak. Sage and I do movement tests everyday, tapping their arms, legs, and poking their cheeks. I sit beside Jaque while he sits beside Fane's bed. I stare at Jaque, she is looking at peace. Away from the problems of the world.

Fane looks the same way. I check Jaque's heartbeat again, while Sage checks Fane. I put my fingers to her throat and search for the rhythm, I can't find her heartbeat. Tears start building in my eyes, I look to Sage and see his fingers still searching Fane's throat. Finding nothing, I took this as my cue to run, run and find Chamie. I found her with my grandma. My expression said everything, she darted to the infirmary. Grandma called the others, following me quickly.

We reached the doors and whipped them open.

"They need blood to survive." Chamie stated. I nodded and glanced at Sage. We know what we have to do.

"We'll give them blood!" I said bravely. Chamie nodded and took a needle. She took blood from both Sage and I. She gave my blood to Jaque and Sage's blood to Fane. She went to their throats and smiled.

"Their going to live!" She said happily.