0. Immortal

PROLOGUE
(immortal)

Vivienne Beckett had been cursed at to be stuck at only the age of fifteen

Vivienne Beckett had been cursed at to be stuck at only the age of fifteen. She had wanted to grow old and leave the earth through its natural courses, but fate had its cruel way of not giving her what she wanted. No indeed—Vivienne's heartbeat was gone, as it was frozen solid in her chest. The blood that once ran through her veins was no longer present.

She felt empty.

She felt hollow.

She had not wanted to be this cursed being that you only ever heard in folklores to scare children from rebelling and acting out. It was a cruel thing to do, but it was how the adults felt powerful. It was one of the cruel thing's humans felt the need to empower.

1805 the year that she had last took her breath as a human. The year that lost the part of herself.

A girl—no a woman, only that of fifteen had been in the slums of Cairo. How she ended of all place in the world, was unknown to most but to her, it was the place that she felt oddly drawn to. She had no serious answer, but only that of the dreams that had taken through her mind each night.

Though, how foolish of her to travel alone, and not expect to end up in the clutches of the hands of those greedy and repulsive thoughts of what most would call the animalistic side in the mind of the dominant breed at the day and age. The violent age of slave trading, and global human trafficking.

Yet. Vivienne was a fool to not even think about the consequences of her actions. She was a complete fool.

The moment she had taken the first step into the slums, she was snatched and stolen in the dark night, and she was defiled and destroyed. She had seen death at its brightest that night, and she had sworn it was her last, but for some odd reason, a man had given her the second chance in this cruel life.

But it was a second chance she soon regretted when she realized that she was not going to ever grow up, and be stuck at the age she had nearly lost her life in. She was bitter but also thankful, it was a whirlwind of emotions for her, but she could never hate her saviour.

Carlisle Cullen, the man that became her mentor and helped her live through the curse. She could have easily ended her life, but she could not rob her dear friend from the second life she had to get used to. She owed it to him, even if he was a complete stranger.

A few years of their friendship had given Vivienne the hope to keep living despite being dead, and so she started her journey with her dear friend. The pair of them travelled the world, and slowly he had turned to not wanting to feed on humans, but Vivienne did. He had not forced her to become a vegetarian like him and respected her choice of meals.

While he had hunted rabbits, she continued to hunt humans, but she kept her meals to those who deserved that fate. While her friend saved humans, she had stayed in the background just watching him.