Chapter 9: Troublemaker

Lucy

I deserved a freaking medal for pulling this off, even though I had only accomplished half of my plan so far. I fooled Rosie into thinking she was meeting me for ice cream, but now I had to tackle Dean which I knew would be much harder because he was so freaking stubborn.

"Lucy you finished gossiping with Rosie? We have places to be and places to go, so get your butt into the car".

Dean's in a bad mood again, oh what's new about that. Jackson probably said something to annoy him. Although from the way Jackson was acting and staring at Rosie I felt peed off and annoyed. He would not ruin my ship. Not now, not ever.

Putting my seat belt on, I stared out of the window and sighed as Dean slowly pulled away from the adorable cafe.

"Where are we going now?" I sulked as Dean sped down the empty road with a grumpy face.

"To the office, you can do your work there".

"Ugh. Why can't I have a normal life and go to school like a normal child". I was getting fed up of having to leave school early or be taken out completely.

"Enough Lucy, you're working at the office and that's final".

"Enough Lucy, you're working at the office and that's final" I mimicked under my breath.

He needs a girlfriend badly to sort out his mood swings. More specifically he needs Rosie as his girlfriend, I feel she would bring him the peace he's been searching for for so long.

************

"Hello boss, I've completed the work you asked for". I cringed as my eyes fell upon the woman who was infatuated with my brother. If definitions had pictures, then she'd be the definition of fake, everything fake.

I had seen her around quite a bit and she was very mean to other girls who sometimes worked with my brother. She was ugly both inside and out. She reminded me of Jackson. They both had no redeeming qualities. They only cared about their appearance, money and power.

Maybe I should set her up with Jackson so she stays away from my ship. No one and nothing would get in the way of my plans.

I watched her closely as she talked with my brother. I barely knew Rosie, but I was sure that she was Dean's soulmate. I already found mine. It was food. I had no time for boys. They were too stressful. But Dean was the only exception. He looked after me on his own since I was a baby. I know he would look after Rosie.        

"Thank you Natalia" my brother muttered dismissively walking past her and not even sparing her a glance. I smirked at her as I walked past her knowing it would wind her up.

"Sit down and get on with your work. I have a meeting to attend to". I watched silently as Dean pulled out numerous books and papers and placed them before me.

"If you need me, I'll be in the large meeting room next door". Dean walked over to me and kissed me gently on top of my head before leaving me alone in his office.

Screw school work. I needed to think of a way to get Dean to meet Rosie in the rose garden, tonight.

---------------------------------

Dean

"We need to get to the bottom of these ongoing threats. Who is after my sister?".

I slammed my fist down furiously on the table effectively making everyone jump in shock and surprise.

"This is the third time this week and we are no closer to finding out their identity. This is not good enough".

Jackson cleared his throat and sat up on the seat that he was slumped on.