~EIGHT~

Rayleigh

I wake to Kaye jumping on the bed, giggling as she tosses a pillow at my head. "Wake up bitch!"

Sighing, I lift my head, as I squint looking up at her.

"What? Let me sleep, Kaye!" I groan and pull the covers tighter around me as I lay back down.

I'm not a morning person and she damn well knows it. Why she thought coming in here jumping all about and throwing pillows at my head was a good idea, I don't know, but she's really close to getting slapped.

"I'm his girlfriend," she squeals, jumping one last time and landing on her back, causing the entire bed to rattle.

Opening one eye, " Talk." I say opening the other. She better not be fucking with me because I will slap her for that.

"While we were fishing last night, he told me the truth about working at the club. Of course, I told him about me going to check it out, "she says with a big smile on her face.

I close my eyes, "Fuck!" I groan as I place my hand over my face.

If he knows she went, of course, he's going to know I did too. That's all I need.

"What's the matter?" She asked, sounding concerned.

"He probably knows I've been there too, Kaye. Now I'm going to hear shit and he's probably going to tell Mom." I sigh, pulling my hand away from my face and looking up to the ceiling.

"Don't worry Ray I got your back. Of course, he asked if you went with me, and I said no. I told him that you didn't know about me going. Just because I'm with your brother doesn't mean I'm going to toss your ass over the bridge."

I sit up on my elbows and look at her feeling relieved. She had a smug smile on her face. God, I could kiss her! "Really? Oh, thank God." I breathe out, falling back onto my pillow.

"So anyway," she says changing the subject. "After he told me about the job and stuff, he told me he couldn't see himself with anyone else but me. I absolutely melted." She giggles, which causes me to smile.

"So, he asked me to be his girlfriend. He said he couldn't take the chance of someone else taking me from him," she swooned.

I laugh, as I roll my eyes. This girl is bonkers for his ass. I'm so glad he finally asked her to be his "official" girlfriend. He may be my brother and I love him to pieces, but I wasn't sure if he was going to hurt her or not. At which I would have hurt him. The girl has had a rough life.

This is Cole's first real relationship and I know he's worried he's going to mess up. I can see how he looks at her when she's not looking. His eyes seem worried at times, afraid he won't be able to be the guy she deserves.

I overheard him talking to Jacks about it when he first got home. He's worried that if he screws this up it will affect his friendship with her and my friendship with her.

Then other times it's like he only sees her. You can see his admiration, which is shocking. I've seen him around the other girls he used to bring home. Not once has he ever looked at them like that.

As soon as they would emerge from his room, he'd toss them out the door and I'd never see them again. It might seem funny to some, my brother the player, but I stopped being amused when they formed a little friendship group. Because I was his sister, they made my life a little bit harder. I'm so fucking glad it's summer break.