Breakout

"I think (Y/N) should go first." The
(H/C)ette shot a glare at Tony. The billionaire paid no mind to her threatening gaze as he force her to pick. She glanced at Steve and hesitantly stuck her arm in the brown paper bag. She mixed the slips up before selecting one and removing it from the bag.

The slip was blue so her eyes met Steve's. "This yours?" She asked, holding the slip in his field of view. A blush formed on Steve's cheeks and he nodded. (Y/N) smirked before tossing the slip over her shoulder and headed to the cleaning closet Tony suggested they use. Steve trudged behind her shyly. They both knew the rules of the game because Bucky forced them to play it back in the 30s when they were kids.

They stepped in the closet and Tony closed the the door after giving them a wink. (Y/N) slid to the floor and crossed her legs. "Well, this is nostalgic." Steve laughed wholeheartedly before joining the female on the floor. "It's different now." (Y/N) nodded. There was a oddly comfortable silence between the soldiers...

"You excited for tomorrow?" (Y/N) nodded. "The coffee date, Friday, 10 am. Yeah I'm excited." Steve smiled at her before leaning his head against the wall. "It's been about 7 minutes... why haven't they come to get us?"

Steve shrugged. (Y/N) crawled to the door and pressed her ear against the wood. "Do you think it worked?" Clint asked. Tony shrugged. "Maybe? Knowing Steve, nothing's happening." (Y/N) laughed at their incompetence and tried the knob. "What's going on?" Steve asked. (Y/N) laughed again, pulling a bobby pin from her hair. "Nothing, Tony said something funny."

"And what was that?" (Y/N) smiled and played with the bobby pin in her hand. "Just how you're wimp to do anything." Steve raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?" (Y/N) nodded and turned to face Steve when suddenly, lips met hers. Her (e/c) eyes widened in shock and she tensed before she gave in the kiss. Steve's arm wrapped around her waist and her hands cupped his face.

Both individuals parted and gazed into each others eyes. "What was that about being wimp?" (Y/N) smirked. "Seems like Americas golden boy does got balls." Steve laughed and (Y/N) turned back to the door. She inserted the bobby pin in the keyhole and fiddled around with is until she heard a prominent 'click'. She opened the door and put the pin back in her hair.

Everyone looked her way, not expecting her breakout. "Oh. uh hey (Y/N)." Clint stuttered. She smiled his way and walked past the group like she hadn't just kissed Steve or picked the lock.