Its only a matter of time.

Sad chapter.........please someone stop me.
Also happy late death day Alexander!
(Y/n) pov

The year is 1804 and things have never been better! Bella and William are the cutest and Philip is the best father ever. Oh and when dad comes over he always reads to the children and they love it!

But I have to say, the kids really like Alexander more then dad. I think it's funny but my dad now is determined to be the favorite....

But anyways. I woke up early and walked downstairs. I was sitting in the living room when I heard a knock at the door. I quietly looked through the peephole to see Alexander standing on our front porch. I open the door and he looks at me, smiling slightly. I see the bags under his eyes.

(A/n) the next couple lines are to the tune of best of wives and best of women.

"Alexander you need some sleep." I say, i step aside but he shakes his head.

"I think it's best if I stay outside." He smiles sweetly.

"It's cold and dark outside..." I say. He laughs a bit and nods his head.

"I know, I know. I'm just giving you something now." He smiled as he held out four letters. One signed to William, one to Philip, one to Bella, and one to me.

"You always write like you're running out of time." I giggle, Alexander smiles then yawns.

"Come in and sleep. Stop acting tough." I say. He shakes his head no and frowns.

"This new meeting is going to be tough." He says while scratching the back of his neck.

"Go get some sleep." I say. He hangs his head a bit then sighs.

"This meetings at dawn." He says. I frown and step towards him.

"Well, I should head back to sleep." I say. He smiles and reaches his hand out to me, instead of shaking his hand I hug him and I fell him hug me back.

"Be safe dad." I say. He pulls away and smiles sweetly.

"I will dear. But, only open the letters if I tell you too." He says. I nod and he smiles.

"Have fun at your meeting." I say. His smile turns into a slight frown as he nods.

"I doubt I will but thanks for the consideration." He laughs a bit, I giggle then he starts walking off.

Alexanders pov.

I walked away from (Y/n)'s house and towards where we would row across the Hudson.....

I don't want to do this. I want to go home, I want to hug Eliza and tell her things will be ok, I want anything but this. But we can't all have what we want.

Let's just get this over with.

~~~~~time skip~~~~~
(Y/n)'s pov

I sat in the lounge when I felt something tug on my dress. I looked down to see a sleepy Bella standing there with here teddy bear in her arms.

"Baby what are you doing awake?" I ask while picking her up. She rubs her eyes and looks at me.

"Why are you awake mommy?" She asks, I smile and kiss her head.

"Mommy just couldn't sleep." I say. She frowns and hugs me.

"Well I can't sleep either mommy! William snores like a wild hog!" She complains.

"Not true!" I hear William yell from the top if the stairs. He runs down and stares Bella in the eyes.

"You're the wild hog!" William says. I set bella down on the couch and look at both of them