Chapter 10: New Euphoria

"What's wrong?" Felix asked innocently with a puzzled expression.
"Oh, don't worry about him." Kostya scowled. "He's mine to deal with." He got up from his seat and stormed over to Robin, exchanging intimidating glares.
"Oh god, not this again..." Ari muttered.
"Should we like... prepare ourselves?" Mikolas questioned.
"Don't worry, I brought band aids." Nikita answered, taking a handful out of his wallet. The group looked at him. "What? I'm clumsy, okay?" They all watched, the tension at its peak as Kostya approached the grimacing Swede.

"You got a problem?" He glared at him.
"No." He sat alone, waiting for his circle of friends to come back from the nearby bar. His hand lay on the table, his bandaged fist clenched.
"I know you might be feeling a little sorry for yourself right now but you need to back the fuck off your little grudge against Benji being happy with someone else." He slammed his hands on the table, causing Robin to stand up slowly against him. He walked over to him, inches away from his face and grabbed him by the collar.
"I don't know what your talking about, bud." The group stared from across the room on the edge of their seats as the confrontation unfolded.

"Do you don't recall your little outburst over your man crush? I think your jacked up hand is a pretty good reminder."
"What do you have to do with that anyway, huh?! What's it to you?!" Kostya ripped his hand away from his collar.
"Look. Have a good night for all I care, just stay away from Benji or blood's gonna fly." He gave him a slight push before walking back to his seat. The Guys were in awe when he came back, in awe of his bravery yet very surprised no fists were thrown; Niki put the band aids back into his wallet.
"That was..." Felix began.
"...intense." Benji sighed, nervously biting his metal straw.
"Let's just say he won't be bothering us tonight, let's just have fun okay?" Kostya smiled genuinely, reassuring his friends and calming down the whole situation.

Meanwhile, Roko Blažević  stood behind the snack bar, smiling falsely as he served the students. He enjoyed doing his part for the school- and the extra credit included- but was currently exhausted. It seemed like he'd had no customers for a while and his feet were about to give way underneath him, that was when he saw her. She seemed to catch his eye straight away as she stood confidently on the dance floor. The way she played with her bleach-blonde hair when she talked made him weak at the knees but the fact she was friends with Hatari made him wonder if someone like him would ever gain her attention. Resting his elbows on the table, he gazed at her, enticed by her completely- he'd seen her around school once or twice but this instance she didn't seem so edgy or tough.

"Excuse me?" Roko snapped out of his trance and stood straight, only slightly embarrassed.
"Sorry, yes. How can I help you?" He flashed a helpful smile at Justs, who was currently eyeing the girl he was staring at.
"I mean I was here to get some food but..." He looked back at him. "You like Ástroś huh?"
"Wha-what?! N-no what are you talking about?!"
"You want me to talk to her for you?" He smirked at him suggestively.
"Wait what? Why would I-I-"
"I'll take that as a yes." He began to approach her as Roko stuttered and tried to stop him. It was too late, he was already talking to her, the both of them occasionally looking back at him as he stared down at the floor; waiting for the worst.

"Hey there." Such a beautiful voice spoke to him but he still attempted to avoid all eye contact with the girl. Ástrós Guðjónsdóttir was actually talking to him and he just standing there, staring at his feet in pure embarrassment. "You been stuck here all night?"
"S- stuck? N-no, I'm just voluntarily doing something for the school. No big deal."
"Don't you want to take a break?" He brought up the courage to avert his eyes towards her, her icy blue eyes immediately locking him in.
"I uh..."
"You like to dance?" She held out her hand to him. "Don't be shy." He gulped before taking a hold of her hand and walking around the table: surely it would be okay for five minutes while he tried not to freak out over the girl of his dreams, right?

"I'm going to the bathroom to cool off, anyone coming?" Kostya asked. The night had gone smoothly so far and everyone was having fun. The feelings between Nikita and Kostya remained secret but they'd constantly smiled at eachother all night long, waiting for a good moment.
"I'm good." Mikolas answered. "How about someone hits the dance floor with me? That is the whole point I even showed up tonight."
"Fair enough." Ari smirked.
"Wait for us!" Benji called, grabbing Felix by the hand and leading him off in Miki and Ari's direction.
"I'll come!" Niki said, getting up from his seat. They left the table together and waltzed into the empty lavatory across from the main room while they failed to notice someone watching them mischeviously from across the room curiously.

Both sitting on the edge of the row of sinks, the pair knew that this would be the best chance they'd have all night to talk; just the two of them.
"You think you're ready to tell them?" Kostya asked, biting his lip firmly.
"I don't know..." Niki picked at his nails timidly as he blinked innocently back at him.
"We don't have to if you really don't want to, I don't care about it as long you're alright, you know?" He smiled at him sweetly as Niki sat closer. He lay his head on Kostya's shoulder as they listened in to each others beating hearts racing in anticipation.

"But I feel bad." He whispered. "They deserve to know but something's telling me that I'm just not ready for it."
"Don't sweat it man! It only matters to me that you're comfortable with this." They both stayed silent for a few moments before Niki sat up suddenly.
"Kostya?"
"Yeah?"
"Why did you... run off after I found out? Did you assume I didn't like you like that?" Kostya sighed deeply in return, swinging his legs aimlessly.
"I don't know. I've just had this impression for ages that we were nothing. Friends and nothing else. And the way you reacted at first kinda scared me, I thought you were gonna get mad or make fun of me or..."
"I would never." Giggled Niki. "I have to admit I was overwhelmed but it was just because I was so shocked that you felt the same. I'm sorry if it came off differently than it was intended to."
"It's alright, where would we be right know if nothing happened that day, huh?"

They gazed into each others eyes for what felt like a lifetime as they slowly inched towards eachother. Kostya placed his hand on top of Nikita's as he closed his eyes and pressed his lips against Niki's. He held his breath for a few moments before relaxing into it- feeling safe in Kostya's embrace. All noise seemed to come to a silence and nothing else in the world mattered as they both entered a new euphoria they'd never experienced before- all felt like it was meant to be as time stopped and the world came to a halt. They forgot about the Formal, about school, about home, about life. All was revolved around the both of them in that instant and all they could do was to press their lips into eachother with all the love they could compel. That was when the door opened, something they still couldn't seem to notice in their trance-like embrace.
"Oh well look what we have here." That seemed to be loud enough to side track them. There, standing in the doorway of the men's bathroom was Robin, one leg crossed and a smug expression on his face.
"Am I...interrupting something?"