|Fifteen|

I dedicate this chapter to @pandabun101 for commenting and voting for my story.

Damon.

I rub my temples as I  keep going through some paperwork. Some peace treaty with other packs. Of course the first pack to sign the peace treaty will be my mate's former pack The Blue Moon Pack.

Thinking back to her, I can't help  but feel something weird is going on with her. My pack is strong, the strongest anyway and I didn't form my pack in fear, no.  My pack grows through unity, love and peace. 

What is happening right now isn't what I expected from them, they are afraid of her, of Natalie, its not hard to note.

The looks of fear whenever she is around can be felt a mile away. The way they stare at her,as if afraid to do something and it weird. My head snaps up as the door opens and my beta gets in.

"Hey Jake what's up." I give him a  hug before sitting back down folding mg hands over my chest and leaning back on my chair.

"Nothing man, just came to check on you, has Riven showed up?" He inquires and I give him a sad smile.

"Sorry man." He offers and I just nod my head.

"Anyway is there any hope of finding Jared, what did Ben say?" I ask.

"No one has a clue where he went to, but we are sure he did kill the she-wolf." He voice out with frown. Whoever she is she had such a bad fate,to die in the hands of rogues,and the worst one at that.

"She sure must have suffered before being killed." I state swaying slightly on the sit.

"It is quite obvious that she was tortured. Jared isn't someone who just kills you, he has his fun." He states and I know what he is implying, that is such a horrible fate.

"Anyway Damon, I wanted to ask you something, don't you think your mate is acting kind of weird and the pack members are also afraid of her?" He asks and I'm glad it's not only me  who has seen this sudden change, the air is so tense that it feels something big is gonna happen.

"Yeah man, I know. People really fear her and most are bowing even though she isn't queen yet. They are very much afraid of her." I reply  with a deep frown. I wonder what the hell is happening. My pack has never had this reaction to a person before.

"I think you should talk to your parents. Even Leila doesn't hang out with her anymore." Jake comments and I now remember. They don't even speak to each other anymore after that huge fight.

"Yeah, I really should." I agree as he gets up to leave.

"I've got to go train the warriors, see you later." He says as he heads for the door.

"Later man,"

After signing some peace treaties, I head to my parents who were making out in the kitchen. That's a disgusting sight to witness. Ew.

I clear my throat but they can't even see nor hear me. I clear my throat once again but still they don't hear me. An uncomfortable feeling settles in my stomach and I begin squirming looking  anywhere else but them.

Leila walks to the room and at the sight of my slightly red cheeks, she immediately bursts into fits of laughter as she clutches her stomach. The red on my cheeks, turns deeper. This is so embarrassing and uncomfortable. I send her a harsh glare and instead of sobering up, she breaks into another fits of giggles causing me to roll my eyes in utter annoyance.

"Aww, is the big bad alpha blushing seeing his parents make out." She coes as she pinches my cheek and I immediately swat it away sending another glare at her. At this, my mom and dad snaps out of it, and turns to us.

"How long have you been there Damon?" My mom inquires, her cheeks flaming in embarrassment for being caught by her children making out.

"Long enough to be scarred for life."  I grumble a shiver running down my spine as the images of what transpired some seconds ago run through my mind. Leila who had been laughing all along turns to me,  amusement dancing in her eyes.

"Yeah, laugh it off." I mutter and she sober up, yet not fully.

"Anyway  have you guys noticed how pack members are acting kind of strange towards my mate?" I speak out.

"Yeah, I don't like her at all since the time she told me she is gonna make me bow down to her, I don't actually like her that much." Leila states her face dead serious.

"Now come to think of it many people kind of fear her," My dad adds in deep thought.

I guess it's not just me.

"Anyway I gotta go to the training ground see you at dinner guys," I mutter as I head towards the training grounds. I walk faster, that's until I hear peculiar noises coming somewhere not far from where I was.

"...it's none of your business bitch." I hear someone snap.

"I'm so sorry Luna I didn't mean to say that, forgive me." The person pleads and I don't recognize her.

"You better be and you shut up about it, or else." That's when I realize that's Natalie with a cold voice that would scare even the bravest. I decide to intervene.

"What's going on in here." I speak out. Natalie turns around her face shocked before masking it.

"Thank goddess you came Damon. She.. she... was asking about... about our private life." Natalie stutters as tears form in her eyes before slipping down her cheeks.

What the hell? Wasn't she mad a minute ago?

"Is it true?" My eyes trained on the she wolf in front of me, I think her name is Rena, Raine? Something like that.

"Yes alpha." She whispers her head bowed down in submission. She knows when not to anger me further.

I'm quite taken back by her willingness to acknowledge her mistake. That doesn't feel right..hell nothing feels right anymore.

"You are dismissed, I'll deal with your punishment later." I snap and she flinches before scurrying away in fear.

"It's okay baby, I'll deal with it." I reply placing a peck on her forehead.

"Let's go watch a movie." I state all plans of training canceled.

My thoughts immediately goes back to my wolf. I still have the urge to shift when I don't for too long, everything else only he's nowhere. It's like he just... disappeared. How can I be a wolf less Alpha King. Well not precisely wolf less but close.

Natalie also has been pestering me to mark her which I can't. I will be a disgrace, any other wolf can mark their mate the moment they meet but the Alpha King can't. They need to build trust first, that's why we are allowed almost half an year to be with our mates before the marking and mating.

Her needs to be marked makes it even more weird for me to understand her. Why is she so eager to get marked? What I've also realized recently is our bond is barely there, it's there but not really.

I groan rubbing my hands over my face and running my hand through my hair, this is so stressful.

Natalie maybe charming, sweet and kind when she is with me but I've seen her other side even though she acts all nice and sweet, I know that there is more to her than meets the eye.

******

Song:

*Could you find a way to let me down slowly. A little sympathy I hope you can show me. If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely. If you're leaving baby, let me down slowly*

Hope you like it though.. that's more important.

Vote.

Share.

Comment.

😘😘