Chapter 4 Part 1

I
Am
A
Horrible
Author

Here you go chapter 4 part 1 of 2. UGH! Just... Here. Don't let me distract you any longer from this trash that I wrote.

"I... just feel like we're being... watched. It's a feeling I can't shake, which means we are being... observed." I looked at the phone on my desk. Not familiar...

"Ah... found it." I picked it up and looked at the screen. We were being recorded, no... it was a video chat. We were being watched live. I turned the camera lens back to me and Paris and held up the phone like I was going to take a selfie.

"Say hi to the camera Paris, before I break it." I said as Paris turned to face me. He smiled at me. I heard some whispers from the phone. "Paris, did you say something?"

He heard the talking too. "No." His smile grew.

"Oh... I guess my ears are just playing tricks on me. Three... two..." Paris lightly waved bye.

"NO! Wait! Don't break my phone!" Lily screamed. Lily and Iris were now visible on the phone.

"Why shouldn't I? You invaded my privacy, this should teach you a lesson."

"Don't bring my phone into this!" Lily pleaded.

"You brought your phone into this room, not me." Paris snickered.

"You stay out of this, Paris!" Lily said, which only made him laugh.

"He's in this fight. You invaded his privacy too. Come get your phone. Now. Or I will break it."

"Alright. I'm coming now." She got up and ran off screen.

"Wait, you're going like that?" Iris asked Lily.

"She's gonna have to. My patients with her is growing thin. Like a tightrope that gets thinner every step she takes. I'm sure she's walked on ropes before, but they weren't as high up as mine is.

"She'll get hurt if she keeps going. Either she'll fall, or the rope will break. Though, she keeps on going, because she likes the thrill of it, but she doesn't see the danger."

"Was that a threat?" Iris asked.

"No," I smiled. "Just a warning."

"...Why is there so much tension between you two?" Iris asked me after a few minutes. I looked at her confused. Then it clicked.

"Oh... she didn't tell you." I sat on the ground and crossed my legs. Paris was leaned against the wall as he watched me.

"Didn't tell me what?" Iris asked, wondering what her sister did this time.

I pointed to the bandage sill on my head. "Yeah... I was their when that happened, and that wasn't her fault, the shoes made her kick you."

"No, no, no..." I started to undo the bandage, once it was off, I moved the camera so that Iris could see the wound. "She did this."

"She did that? She had told me that you-" Iris started. I moved the phone to face me again.

"Alright, I'm here, gimme my phone." Lily said as she opened the door to my room and walked towards me.

"Lily. I'm going to ask you a question and I want the truth." Iris was mad she was lied to by her own sister.

"Shoot." Lily said confident she could answer it with ease.