what I didn't want to hear

I have the habit or as some people refer to it, the addiction of self harm, that being obvious after a couple of chapters. but the few people that know about it tell me the same thing "why don't you tell your parent or at least your sister to help, cause you need it" and I tell them vaguely "I cant..." and that's it. the reason why I cant in no way tell my parents is because......

 while I was washing the dishes a couple of years ago, I was maybe 11 or 12, I was being scolded by my dad about school since I wasn't getting the best grades and my teachers had mentioned to him that I was slacking in homework. I was trying not to cry as he went on and on with his loud and angry lecture, when he said "if you ever get the idea of cutting you ill stick you in a mental hospital quickly and I can do it too" that's what broke me. I started crying because I knew for sure that he could do it if he wanted too, cause my sister got the same threat a couple of times and was close to happening when she was in middle school. 

that was the last straw, after that I locked everything up in my mind and heart. to mention, I don't have a bad relationship with my dad and he's actually my favorite of my parents since we're the most alike but when his pissed off its terrifying. but most of those angry outburst were the causes for me being mute about my problems. but most of were my fault cause I made him mad so its fine............