VIII - 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤

[ edited ]

"THIS IS USELESS," Jeremy Gilbert groaned

"All these grimoires. There has to be something in here to keep Elena from becoming a vampire," He continued, frantically flipping through the pages.

"And we'll keep looking," Bonnie swore, "Until the last minute."

Suddenly, Jeremy jerked his head to Bonnie, quickly, as if possessed. "Bonnie Bennet," He whispered, eyes unfocused.

Bonnie didn't look up, "Quit playing, Jer. We have a deadline."

"Bonnie Bennet," He said again.

Finally she glanced up, thoroughly exasperated, "I might just-"

When she saw the dazed look in his eyes, Bonnie's heart pummeled to the ground.

"Who's there?"

The candles in the room flickered ever so slightly in response. The Bennet carefully crawled towards Jeremy and stared straight into eyes, she realized, that weren't his own.

"Emily?" She posed, watching as the flames swayed as if by a breeze was blowing. She jerked her head from side to side. No open windows.

Weird.

Jeremy smiled and chuckled, "I'm afraid not, child."

Bonnie recoiled when Jeremy reached for her shoulder. When their skin made contact all she could feel was horrific and vile death.

"Remember me?" The supernatural entity questioned.

With a slight squeeze of her shoulder from the posses Jeremy Gilbert, Bonnie was propelled back into a vision she once had.

The sky thundered but roared silently, grey on navy and white lightning. The great expanse of empty land consisted of withered plants and grass so crunchy Bonnie could step on and snap.

However, the last thing she saw was the two headstones. They stood tall and dark, one with the dreaded Niklaus Mikalesons' name and the other with no inscription save for the signature bouquet of blue roses.

"Lilura Anthemoessa," Bonnie breathed in realization.

Jeremy nodded, "Yes. She was a fine creature."

Bonnie's gaze found Jeremy's.

"So much wasted potential," He spat. "I made her, did you know?"

Bonnie shook her head at the choice of words. "You're a witch," She stated when Jeremy's inhabitant laughed dryly.

"Yes, child. A witch, and I made the mistake of believing Lilura Anthemoessa's lies."

"Her lies?"