34. Sirens & Krakens & Ghosts, Oh My!

"Siren Song"

baby, a siren is singing your song;
i am drowning you, pulling you along;
now, i know that it's getting hard to see,
but i just need you to focus on me.
i've scoured the seas for somebody like you;
one to hold me close when i'm feeling blue,
one who can return to me what was once lost
and will stay by me no matter the cost.

thanks to you, a better life has begun;
i've remembered the sweet warmth of the
sun;
i've been taught something i had ne'er known
of;
a new, precious feeling; i now know love.

so please, take my hand and care for my
heart,
and let us never again be brought apart.

- written by the talented cloudaee, dedicated to this story. Thank you once again, you did such a beautiful job ♡ (go check her poetry out!)

 Thank you once again, you did such a beautiful job ♡ (go check her poetry out!)

⊰ T H I R T Y  F O U R ⊱

SIRENS & KRAKENS & GHOSTS, OH MY!

My chest still ached in the morning as I thought of Yoongi and all of our memories that would never be built upon. We had a history, and I wasn't sure how long it would to move on from all of that. I didn't want to rush into Jimin's arms right away, and yet that was exactly where I found myself.

In his arms.

My eyes fluttered open at the feeling of air sprawling along the back of my neck. The side of my waist burned in a pleasant warmth, and with a start, I realized an arm was draped across the bare skin left exposed by my torn shirt. A solid chest pressed against my back, rising and falling in shallow breaths. Topping it all off was the fact that my legs were tangled with his, making the whole position even more intimate.

He radiated a heat that made me feel content, like the warm presence of him was something I hadn't known I'd been missing every night of my life. He also smelled faintly of the sea—salty and enticing—and it drove me mad.

Silently cursing the enchanting merman for being so irresistible, I tried to lift his arm off of me. A small squeal came from my mouth as his hand tightened on my hip, pulling me closer so that my butt was flush with his pelvis. I blushed hard, detangling my legs from his and flipping myself over to break the contact.

"Bloody hell," I muttered as I realized the new position was just as compromising. My nose brushed his as I noticed those dark eyelashes flitter, signaling that he might wake up at any second. His arm remained on my naked waist, continuing to fuel the fire he wasn't even aware he had started.

I moved my head back slightly so my gaze could drift along his features, eyes gliding their way over every detail, knowing it was a bad idea but taking the risk anyway. They carefully took in his ashy brown hair, noting how a single strand fell on his otherwise exposed forehead. They moved to his dark eyebrows that were softened in sleep, to the dark lashes that brushed the tops of his cheeks, to the rounded nose that sat above his mouth. The lips that were plush and full and parted ever so slightly, his soft exhales spreading across my mouth and neck.