Part Three - Chapter Twenty-Six: The Announcement

Fernando took a deep breath as he sat beside Mourinho, he knew that he was still in the dog house but he had done the right thing and he wasn’t going to feel bad about looking after his wife.

“My absence had nothing to do with the club, I was looking after my wife who wasn’t well,” Fernando said looking at the man that had asked him about why he had been missing for four weeks.

Fernando was going to be honest, Cassidy was twenty-one weeks pregnant and he was going to ensure that she and the baby would be okay.

Mourinho frowned, he had heard Fernando’s petty excuses for leaving and going to Madrid and he still wasn’t happy about it; he didn’t believe that there was anything wrong with Cassidy even if Fernando had gotten a doctor’s note.

“Cassidy and the baby are both doing well, as are the twins,” Fernando reassured smiling at the journalists, he was a little surprised that they were more concerned about his wife’s wellbeing than the club had been.

His team-mates had all called to make sure that Cassidy was okay, they had worried for Cassidy and the baby and had offered the well wishes for the couple; they really hoped that the baby would be okay.

“Fernando, have you made a decision about your future?” one of the journalist asked making Mourinho purse his lips, he wanted to focus on the season at hand and he had already been told what Fernando was going to do when the transfer window opened up again.

Fernando took a deep breath, he knew that Chelsea weren’t happy about his decision and hoped that he would change his mind but it wasn’t going to change.

“I will be leaving Chelsea during the transfer window,” Fernando said taking a deep breath, this would spread like wildfire and he didn’t care; he had made his decision.

Whispers filled the room as Mourinho looked at Fernando, he knew that talks with Atlético Madrid had gone well and the two clubs had agreed on terms; he just hadn’t thought that Fernando would be the one to announce his transfer.

Fernando looked around the room knowing that he wasn’t going to be change his mind at all, he was doing this for his marriage and he wouldn’t hide the fact from anyone.

Questions were shouted at the footballer and manager as Mourinho called an end to the press conference; he glared at Fernando knowing that he was going to be having words with the footballer for what he had just done.

Fernando sighed as he got to his feet and followed the Portuguese out of the conference room; he knew that he wouldn’t be happy about what he had just done.

“What do you think you are doing?” Mourinho demanded when they were alone in the corridor, other staff hurried away from the two knowing that a fight was brewing.

Fernando stared at the couch wondering what he wanted him to say, he had made it clear to the club that he wasn’t staying and he had made up his mind on what was going to happen next.

“Telling people what is going on, I’m not going to stay,” Fernando said looking at Mourinho and shook his head, he didn’t know what the manager wanted from him especially since he wasn’t going to change his mind.

Fernando had promised Cassidy that he wasn’t going to break and do what the manager wanted, he was going to leave and make sure that his family were okay.

***

Cassidy smiled as she played with the twins as best she could, the brunette was wearing a coral maternity neppi jumper and white maternity skinny jeans paired with black zip block heeled ankle boots.

“Mama,” Noah murmured resting a hand on her ever expanding stomach, Cassidy and Fernando had only come home a couple of days earlier and the twins had noticed a change in their mother.

Cassidy smiled as she watched him, she had already explained to the eighteen month olds that she was going to have a baby; she just wondered how much of that they understood.

“That’s your baby brother,” Cassidy said placing her hand on Noah’s, Leia quickly making her way over to join her brother and mother; she tilted her head as she too rested her hand on the bump that the brunette carried.

“Baba,” Leia said looking at her mother with a smile as she plopped down next to her younger brother, she tilted her head as Noah pressed a kiss to the bump that their mother carried before she did the same.

Cassidy felt tears well in her eyes making her nod her head, she smiled knowing that it would be really confusing to try and explain happy tears to the twins.

“That’s right baba,” Cassidy said as she moved to cuddle the twins, Llanta moved to sit beside them while Pomo hurried towards the front door to greet him.

Cassidy looked up at her husband knowing that he’d had a press conference, she felt her stomach twist knowing that he’d been with Mourinho; the brunette sighed in relief as Fernando appeared and smiled at her.

“What is going on here?” Fernando asked playfully leaning against the door frame, this was what he loved coming home to and he knew that it was even better if Nora and Leo were there.

“Papa,” Leia and Noah squealed in excited as they hurried away from their mother and to their father who ducked down to hug them.

Cassidy smiled watching Fernando with their twins, she knew that the decision hadn’t been easily for him and Olalla was making things even hard for him by trying to find ways to keep Nora and Leo from him.

“Have you been good for your madre?” Fernando asked pulling back from the twins and smiled at them, they were both perfect in his eyes and he knew that if their unborn brother was the same then everything was going to be okay.

Cassidy carefully moved to sit on the couch, she rested a hand on her bump making Fernando look at her; his brown eyes watching her closely for a moment.

“Mama having baba,” Leia said with a smile on her face, Noah nodded his head eagerly making Fernando chuckle as he moved to hug them again; his eyes watching Cassidy as she smiled at them.

Cassidy rubbed her stomach as she thought about the baby that she was having, she knew that he was okay but she couldn’t help but worry for him.

Cassidy knew she was over half way through her pregnancy and there was still a lot that could happen before she had her little boy in her arms.

“Cass?” Fernando said making his wife look at him, his eyes looking at her concerned knowing that they were going to have to take things easy for a while.

Cassidy had been given the all clear after four weeks of rest however that didn’t mean that Fernando wasn’t going to worry about her and their unborn son.

“We’re okay, just a little tired,” Cassidy said reassuring her husband as she smiled at him, she watched as he nodded his head and carefully set the twins down.

Leia and Noah padded off to play as their father approached their mother, they started playing with their toys as Llanta and Pomo settled to watch them.

“Why don’t you go have a lie down?” Fernando said smiling at Cassidy, he didn’t want her over doing things while she was pregnant.