Partial 1: Reaping Day.

{Disclaimer some of the characters are Suzanna Collins, the others are mine, this story is based on the original Hunger Games, however I've added new twists to the mix.}

Today is a very important day for almost every teenager. Today is reaping day. Like every year, one boy and one girl from every district are picked to participate in the 'Hunger Games' as the capital calls it, we just call it the death sentence. This is where 24 of us are put into an arena to fight to the death. For the winner, they come home and become a victor. From what I've seen broadcasted, they finally live their lives with the guilt, bad dreams and horrifying hallucinations. Isn't worth living.. is it?

Anyways...let me tell you about myself. My name Maddie Thompson and I'm 17 years old. Im 5ft 7 I think? and I have olive skin with long dark brown wavy hair with emerald green eyes.

So let me tell you my story..

•••••••••

I get out of my old creeky wooden bed stretching every bone in my body before walking over to my nicely neat purple reaping day dress. I place the nicely dark purple colored dress over my body, letting it fall down onto my knees. I look in the mirror "It doesn't suit me as well as her."
I then put my messy brown hair into a neat tidy bun on the top of my head with a dark purple ribbon around it. Leaving my bangs falling onto my face."Maddie we're late, we need to go it starts in 10 minutes" my dad yells from down stairs. I take one more glance at myself in the mirror before walking down the stairs of my small elegant house, being greeted by my dad.

The place was quiet, very quiet however, so alive. "Give me your finger" the peacekeeper chocked to me. I give him my finger, quickly but painfully my blood had be sampled and I was being rushed into my age category, leaving my dad behind.
After all the bumping to find a spot I was able to stand next to Izzy who is also my best friend; well she's like my sister. We say 'hi' to each other before our stupid looking escort comes skipping on stage.

"Welcome to the reaping of the 74th Hunger Games. Now I've got a little treat for all of you...a clip has been straight straight from the capital just for you to watch...how exciting!" she says joyfully. I roll my eyes and just blank out everything around me. The clip started to play but I wasn't interested it what snow had to say, it's a horrid man and anyone who likes the man is insane. After what seemed ages there was movement. Confused on what was happening I tune back into reality to find Izzy no longer next to me but heading up to the stage. That could only mean one thing...
I can't lose her
"I volunteer. I volunteer as tribute" Izzy let's out a sigh before running up to me engulfing me in a hug "thank you, thank you" she repeats over and over. A peacekeeper came up behind her dragging her away. "Oooo... we've never had a volunteer here. Come on up dear" the weird escort says too cheerfully for my liking. I made my way up putting on a brave face taking a glance over the people of my district before turning towards the camera.

"Whats your name dear?" She squeals. Silence "Maddie.... Maddie Thompson" I reply looking out to the crowd. "And how old are you?" Silence "17" I simply reply. "I see, well I wish you the best luck. Now time for a boys" she walks over to boys bowl picking the slip up. "Aaron Howard" he appears from the 18 year old section making his way up to the stage. He's fairly attractive with black hair with brown eyes his figure built like a wall. Which is very uncommon for someone of our district. We shake hands before peacekeepers escort us into the justice building.

A long 2 minutes had passed by before Izzy becomes running in, tears in her eyes. "Maddie you have to win please..." "Shhh, Iz I'll try" I comfort her. She pulls away. "No you have to win. You know how to use a knife, grab a bow, spear if you have too." She tells me. I nod in response. "Promise me you'll come back." She sobs. "I promise Ill come back for you" we hug before a peacekeeper comes into the room pulling Izzy out with him before I could say goodbye.

Shes like my sister and I'm probably never going to see her again.

The next thing I know peacekeepers come barging in, roughly grabbed my arm to take me and Aaron to the train to meet our mentors.

74th hunger games here I come.

{Picture of Maddie in this story^}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So there you go the first part, what do you think?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~