twenty-two

It seemed that Rosalie telling Hermione everything lifted a big weight off her shoulders, that night she had a dreamless, and more specifically a nightmare-less sleep for the first time in months.

The sun shined bright in the morning, waking her up peacefully, she gave a big stretch and smiled to herself -she normally woke up when the sky was still dark - before she rolled out of bed.

"Mornin'," she mumbled through a yawn as she passed Hermione.

"Morning, how are you feeling?" Hermione replied while brushing her wild hair, she was already dressed, which made Rosalie wonder what the time actually was.

"Good. Better than good actually. Thank you for listening last night, I think I really needed that."

"I'm always here when you need me." There was a silent moment of appreciation between the two, each holding a little smile but then Hermione realised her friend was not dressed yet. "Get dressed otherwise you're going to miss breakfast!"

Rosalie's eyes widened. "How long did I sleep in?" She quickly got dressed, not in uniform though, it was a Saturday which meant the first Quidditch match of the season. Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff, it was originally vs Slytherin but Draco got 'injured' and was unable to play but everyone knew the true reason Slytherin didn't want to play, the weather was still horrendous. 

Rosalie rushed to the Great Hall, running down the empty halls with her belly rumbling, wondering where the food was, but a smile was still evident on her face. With only a few minutes left of breakfast, she made it into the hall, she jogged down the tables before stopping when she saw her friends.

"Foooood!" Was the first thing she spoke to them as she sat down, grabbing some toast onto her plate.

"You're late," Fred commented.

"Which is strange, why are you late?" George finished, both of them turning to face her. She took a big bite out of her toast before answering.

"Just wanted a lie-in, what's so wrong with that?" She gave a big smile, or as big as she could with a closed mouth which was full of food.

"No, I've got to agree with Fred and George," Harry pipped in. "You always are up early, ever since we were little."

Ron pretended to rub his invisible beard as he hummed, staring at the Potter girl as she quickly ate, Hermione rolled her eyes at the four boys who couldn't seem to drop the subject.

"I figured it out." Fred casually said after a moment of silence, all of them looked to him, including Rosalie who stopped mid-bite to hear what he was going to say.

"She got her first kiss." Rosalie screwed her eyebrows together while all the boys became wide-eyed and looked at her, waiting for confirmation. Hermione and Rosalie exchanged glances before they both started laughing.

"That was the stupidest thing you could have said," Rosalie replied to her friend, "and who says I haven't had my first kiss yet!" She gave him a light smack for accusing her of such a thing, it may have been correct but that was not the point.

"Well have you?" George questioned, Rosalie simply scoffed a laugh and rolled her eyes and allowed them to scan the hall. It was starting to clear out now, breakfast was coming to an end, even teachers started to leave and before she focused back on her friends her eyes met with Remus Lupins'.

Rosalie gave him a small smile, happy to see him back -now knowing what he goes through every night of the full moon her respect for him increased, he was far stronger than anyone knew - and Remus returned the smile with a little nod of his head. Rosalie couldn't help that her smile grew bigger when she saw him, there was something about him that made her feel something, different.