3✖️Just curious

I couldn't sleep that night.

I've been called a drama queen a lot throughout my life.

But this isn't me being dramatic.

There's something about that man.

So oddly attractive, yet so unusual.

I need to see him again.

And with that, I rolled over and went to sleep.

— — —

I have no specific plans today, a gush of relief flew over me. No need to get up early, I can just lay here and sleep in all day.

Realisation hit me. I rolled my eyes.
I do have plans.
I have plans for a while now.

To track down the seven psychos.

And in a more aggressive way, the memories from last night hit me. The coffee shop. The man. His words.

"I need to find you." I announced out loud, while hopping out of bed.

My first stop:
The coffee shop.

— — —

A cute, shimmering bell rung when I opened the door to the coffee shop. It's a lot busier today, it's lunch time so everyone is here to eat.
Rose is working today, and I came just in time to catch her on her lunch break. We need to talk.

"Hey Lizzie, here for the usual?" Rose's coworker asked me, I'm well known here. I don't visit too often, but I'm friends with the workers.

"Not yet thanks, sorry. Is it okay if I can speak with Rose?" I tried to sound polite-I felt bad rejecting their delicious drinks.

"Sure, I'll go get her. Feel welcome to sit down, I'll just tell her where you are."

"Thanks a lot Hanna." I grinned, making my way to the table to soon be accompanied by Rose.

"Skr skr!" Rose slid into her seat in front of me. I rolled my eyes in response to her childishness, but I'm willing to play along with it. We're grown adults, but will always comfort each other with our childish antics.
"Maaaaate, you crashed my car!"

We both giggled, however all of a sudden, Roses face became serious.
"Right. What did you want? You never come here to talk to me. Hold on. Have you got a boyfriend?" She wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

I playfully slapped her arm.
"No, I'm too busy." I joked. Not really though, I just have high standards.
"Do you know that man that I bumped into last night?"
She responded with a confused expression.
"The one with the hoodie, sat on that table over there?" I confirmed while pointing.
"Ohhhh" realisation hit her, recalling the memories from last night. "OH MY GOD! Is he your boyfriend?!"
"Rose! Listen to me!" I jokingly snapped.
My personality became calm, "No. He's not. I just want to know about him."
"Why?" She tilted her head.
"I would love to tell you, but it's private and confidential." I whispered.
Rose smiled in response, "okay, that's fine. I understand!"
I love this girl. She knows me inside out. She knows about my job and understands when to draw the line.
"Well. Where to start." She stroked her chin.

"He usually comes here in the evening, normally, he's not alone. Last night was just a knock off. The little rat never changes, I swear to god he wears that hoodie all the time."

I laughed at her harsh comment; continuing to question her.

"What does the other man look like? And what do they usually do here?"

"They just talk, whisper a lot. As if it's private information. Probably cheating on their girlfriend with their uncles wife." She chuckled. "The other man, he is a lot shorter. Blonde hair usually poking out of his hoodie. And not going to lie, they're actually quite friendly."

Friendly?

For god sake. They're not the mafia boys. They're just men wanting to meet each other for a catch up.

I'm so stupid.

"Sorry Lizzie, but I've got to get back to work." Rose began to get up.

I smiled up at her, mirroring her actions.

"Thanks Rose. I'll be coming back later."

We bid each other goodbye. I want to know more about these unusual men.

I know what I'm doing tonight.

EDITED TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY