{chapter 24}

After a while of banging in the door and knowing that no one was going to open the door for him, Adrien decided to try another method of getting in.

Running from the mansion, he found a secret spot where he was sure no one would see him at. Then, when he knew that no one was around, he quietly called out; "Plagg, claws out."

After transforming into his stronger self, Chat Noir made his way back to the mansion. The door was still locked like he expected, so he got himself on the roof of the mansion, using his baton.

Once he got to the roof, he started heading towards a window, trying to break in. Every single windows he tried were locked, and that's when he knew that Gabriel had been planning this for a long time.

He stopped at one window, raised his baton, and his the window glass with his baton. The glass made a small crack, so he hit it harder and harder.

Gabriel got pissed off once he saw what Chat Noir was doing. Adrien must have called him over because he knew he couldn't do anything. He was thinking that. Oh how great it would be to stop this stupid Chat Noir!

Gabriel walked over to the window that Chat Noir was trying to open by breaking it, and he got ready. If Chat Noir finally got the window all cracked opened, and try to get inside the mansion though the opened window, he would grab him.

Chat Noir realized what Gabriel was trying to do. He would have used his cataclysm to break the window faster, but he wanted to save his cataclysm for something else important. After all he didn't know what was in store for him.

Finally the last piece of the glass window fell. Chat Noir got the biggest glass that had fallen from the window and prepared to go inside.

As he was falling inside the mansion, Chat Noir was waving his baton around, hoping that would throw Gabriel off. It didn't. Instead Gabriel quickly grabbed the baton and tried to pull it away from him.

Chat Noir might have been a "super hero", but he had never really fought any villains before. In fact, Gabriel was his first fight as Chat Noir. When he had gotten his miraculous, Plagg had told him that one day, he would meet his partner, and that one day, he would meet his biggest enemy. Maybe Gabriel was his biggest enemy.

As Gabriel tried to pull the baton away from Chat Noir, Chat Noir let go of his one hand and that's when he pulled out the glass. He swayed it in front of Gabriel, catching him off guard and letting go of the baton.

"You're such a weak fighter," Gabriel laughed. "You seriously need two weapons to try and fight me?"

Chat Noir didn't listen to what he said. So what if he needed to weapons, at least he got Gabriel to let go of his baton, and at least Gabriel had nothing to do to him now.

Chat Noir tried to make his way to the door that he was sure Marinette was behind at, but then suddenly, two arms threw itself on him. Before Chat a noir realized what was going on, he was thrown to the floor, and he realized that it had been Lina that attacked him.

Lina pinned him to the floor while Gabriel grabbed his baton away from him. Chat Noir knew this was the end of him. There was no way he could get out of Lina's grasp, and who knew what Gabriel was about to do to him.

He struggled to get out, he struggled to set himself free, but he couldn't. He didn't want to think he failed, but he knew he did. Maybe if he had a little faith in himself earlier, maybe if he was stronger than this, then he might have had a chance.

Gabriel raised the baton up high, and Chat Noir got what he was going to do. He shut his eyes once he knew Gabriel was going to hit him with your baton, and he waited for the pain to kick in.

But it never did. Once he opened his eyes, he realized that Gabriel was suddenly on the floor, his back bleeding. And the person that was standing in the place of Gabriel was the one and only Emilie Agreste!