Chapter 6

I know! I know! This is SUPER late! I'm sorry, but I hope you enjoy it! I've just been a ton busy lately. 

~O~

Hunter sighed as he sat in front of Alistair in the library. The Fallen had taken to teaching him and helping him through the process of changing when he wasn't at school. It helped him, in more ways than one. But jealousy had sunken her vicious claws right through his heart. Hunter knew that Damon and Tyler were almost always together these days. The latter had moved into the mansion with them. His heart beat more painful than ever with these changes.

"See how a human's anatomy looks like this?" Alistair said, pulling Hunter out of his thoughts. It was times like these that Hunter enjoyed the butler's company. The older man was pointing to a poster of a human's biology. "Fallen are similar but different. We are built stronger on the inside and out."

Hunter nodded as Alistair put another poster next to the first one. It read 'FALLEN ANATOMY' across the top. They did indeed look similar to one another.

"Alistair!"

Hunter watched the butler stiffen ever so slightly, eyes widening as they focused on the door. Hunter rose an eyebrow, wondering what it was all about. The butler muttered under his breath. "Is that Jonah?"

"Alistair, where are you?"

"Study these posters while I go greet our guest, hm?" Alistair said, slightly distracted. Hunter simply nodded and watched the Fallen leave the room. Alistair silently made his way to where he could sense the other Fallen trying to look for him. "Jonah. What are you doing on this realm?"

"Ah!" Jonah screamed, whirling around to face the other. "Will you never change, Ali? You are just about the only creature that moves so silently."

"Hm," Alistair hummed, feeling a painful lurch in his chest. The other man was oblivious to it, suddenly bouncing nervously on his feet. Alistair watched the petite man, trying not to focus on those bright violet eyes watching him.

"Oh, yes! King Lucifer sent me here. He says that he wants the youngling and the changeling brought to him soon. Said something about Hunter and Damon working out their differences first and not being stupid anymore. I also have to find a young human named Henry Miles. We may have a lead on why Hunter was turned," Jonah said. Alistair's eyes lit up in curiosity, despite the pain coursing through his system.

"I will keep that in mind. How do you expect to find young Henry if you can't even track me down in one building?" the butler asked. Jonah huffed.

"It's a damn big building, you jerk," he said, cheeks glowing pink in embarrassment.

"Well, I can ask Tyler to invite the young human over to the house for us to ask. Or I can simply send him an invitation," Alistair said. Jonah thought for a moment.

"Well, I don't know if the King wants his son involved with it yet. He probably wouldn't want to cause him unnecessary stress," Jonah said. He looked up to the ceiling in thought with his hand on his chin.

"Then I will invite the young human, myself," Alistair said. The butler forced a smile onto his face, not that Jonah noticed. "Now, why don't you put those horrid tracking skills to the test and find the Master."

"Huh?" Jonah asked, but Alistair was already gone. The butler made his way back to the library.

"What was that all about?" Hunter asked, as soon as the other Fallen had walked back into the room once more. "And who is Jonah?"

"The Fallen King has sent him here on a mission it has seemed. As well as a message. He wishes for Tyler and yourself to go to Hasmela, realm of the Fallen. Of course, he also mentioned that he wished for Damon and yourself to stop being... How did he put it? Ah, yes. He wanted you two to work out your differences and stop being stupid." Alistair said. Hunter's cheeks puffed out in annoyance.