Event - Father's Day

Idk if it's Father's Day for everyone else but uh iT iS nOw-–

"Come here, slave."

"Excuse me?" Cross looked up at Nightmare in surprise from the other side of the room, a brow raised.

Nightmare stared at him, splayed out dramatically across the sofa with one arm hanging off the edge. "I said, come here slave."

"...Ask nicely?"

"That was me asking nicely."

"...And why are you calling me a slave?" He asked warily while slowly pushing himself to his feet.

Nightmare snorted, his eye narrowing. "Don't you know what day it is?"

Cross' face went blank, his mind immediately thinking of what day it could possibly be for Nightmare to require calling him a slave. National slave day? No. It wasn't his birthday yet, that he knew for sure. What else could it be?

"Oh my god you don't know?" He stared at him, an almost offended look in his eye. "Take a guess."

"...Uh, I um...maybe... Uh- I- Hmm--"

"It's Father's day you damp pudding." He rolled his eye, a very unimpressed look on his face.

"I'm a damp pudding?"

Nightmare ignored that question. "And because it's Father's Day, I get to boss all of you around and you have to do as I ask."

"Excuse me? That's not how it works!"

"That's what you did on your special day, so I think it's only fair if I get to do the same."

"But- But I'm the father too you know!"

"Nah, you yoinked Mother's Day so I get Father's day. C'mon Crossy, family equality."

The smol stared at him, not even sure what to say. "Are you being serious?"

"Of course I am!" He let out an exasperated sigh. "Now come here, s l a v e."

"Stop calling me slave." He grumbled, slowly making his way over to Nightmare and looking down at him.

"Nah." He grinned and wrapped his tentacles around Cross' waist and pulled him onto his lap.

The smaller let out a squeak of surprise, his face burning up as Nightmare wrapped his arms around him and gave him a quick peck on the forehead.

"Good boy." He hummed, rubbing slow circles on Cross' back and petting his skull.

Cross mumbled something under his breath before shifting in his position and letting his chin rest on Nightmare's sternum. "So, what do you want us to do for you on father's day?"

"As my first act of God, I command you to make me breakfast." He flashed the smaller a grin.

"Is that all?" He looked slightly surprised. "I expected your perverted ass to ask for something else--" He shrugged, pushing himself off of his husband and getting to his feet.

"Yes that's for later, Cross." He nodded not even attempting to hide the fact that he was staring shamelessly at the oreo's body.

"Enjoying the non-existent show?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"Very much. In fact, how about we forget you making the breakfast and I just eat you--"

"No!" He yelped and jumped back as one of Nightmare's tentacles tried to grab him, blushing softly. "That's for later! You said yourself."

"Well I want to un-say it." Nightmare grumbled. But Cross was already gone, walking into the kitchen.

Nightmare huffed but didn't chase after him, instead leaning over to try reach his book on the coffee table. But alas, it was on the other side of the room and his tentacles just couldn't reach far enough.