Chapter 20: Allura: The Reaper

Don't forget to comment and vote!

It had been exactly six weeks since Luna escaped Ultris. On that day, the sun was shining high in the cloudless sky, the birds were singing, and the servants in the castle were happy for once. Usually, on a day like that, I would have been in my garden, tending to my plants; instead, I decided on doing something incredibly stupid.

That being giving my mother a piece of my fratzing mind.

I marched to my mother's throne room with the skirt of my deep sea-colored dress flowing behind me. I had to resist the urge to grip onto the silver-lined fabric out of anger. My dirty blonde locks were blowing behind me with every step I took.

Everyone who looked at me coward away as I stomped past them. Perhaps they saw the intense fire in my eyes or the way my hands were clenched into fists and decided it would be best not to talk to me. It was probably both. I wouldn't be surprised if a servant glanced at my pissed off look and thought I was Sierra for a moment.

I stood in the empty turbolift, waiting for it to take me to my mother's throne room. I was making some last minute adjustments to the weapons hidden under my dress sleeves. I wouldn't be surprised if she ordered her guards to attack me after I was done yelling at her. When the turbolift dinged, notifying that I reached the throne room, I nearly kicked down the doors.

"Have you completely lost your mind?" I hollered harshly, stepping into the throne room.

My mother, who was in the middle of getting her nails done, snapped her head up at me. A wash of bewilderment and anger washed over her face as she glared at me from her throne. At the steps of her throne stood Sierra, who was staring at me with widened eyes. Surrounding the throne was the emotionless Amazon team. Their ghost-like eyes continued to bore into my brain, haunting me for the rest of my days.

Six guards, which were sporting the new black armor, stood protectively in two even rows. The black armor had been produced about three weeks after Luna escaped. The new military uniform was complete with a thick, yet light-weight, black armor set, a long cape, and a gun-metal gray spear. Thin, scarlet scratch marks ran along the edge of each armor piece. The helmets were probably the worst thing about the new uniform. It might have looked nice, but the thin, t-shape visor made it nearly impossible to see. Only a strip of black glass covered the eyes, leaving the nose and mouth visible. Outlining the visor was a strip of charcoal gray metal. The cape seemed to cover every inch of the soldier's body and flowed behind the soldiers menacingly whenever they moved.

My mother waved the nail artist away from her chair, staring at me in a complete rage. "Excuse me?"

"Did I stutter?" I snapped, storming to the foot of her throne. "What do you think you're doing?"

My mother's mouth fell open, shocked at my outburst. Sierra, plus two maids in the corner of the room, were staring me, horrified about what I was doing. My sister began to glance between us. I spotted drops of sweat forming on her forehead.

My mother placed her hands on her velvet, raven colored dress with her sharp claw-like nails digging into the fabric. She narrowed her eyes, trying to stare me down and make want to hide away. I stared back at her, making sure she saw the fire in my eyes. I wouldn't be silenced by her that time; I had enough of it.

"I don't believe I know what you're talking about," My mother growled as if she was daring me to continue. I wouldn't back down from her that time.

I snapped my finger at her. "You know exactly what I'm talking about, mother."

For a split second, I glanced at Sierra. My sister was looking at me with pleading eyes as if to say, 'please stop, you're going to get yourself killed.' I brought my gaze back to my mother, not caring about what my sister thought.