Chapter Six

Arya paced back and forth in the washroom. She leaned against the sink and licked her lips, she looks down at her watch and sees the time.

6:13

David's late. Arya try's her best to remember if the email went through properly or not. She brings her lips in between her teeth as her train of thought lead her into believing he isn't coming and she pushed him too hard.

A knock on the door makes her jump.

"B-be right out" she stutters

She takes a deep breath and opens the door

There stood Jack, they both exchange smiles.

"You look nervous" Jack chuckles

Arya rolls her eyes

"I know it's stupid that I am but he makes me nervous" she pauses

"What do I say? How do I act? Will it be different?" She begins to ramble

Jack smiles and places a hand on her back

"I don't know, ask him yourself" Jack smiles as his eyes diverted to the main door. Arya's eyes followed.

There he stood, his messy brown hair framing his gorgeous face. The crooked smile  as he made his way over. The butterflies in her stomach intensified as Jack walked away to give them their privacy.

David stands across from her and smiles

"Hey" he grins

"Hey

Arya's cheeks flush.

David's hands slip into his jean pockets as their eyes go back and forth from the floor to each other.

They were both incredibly nervous.

The book club began interrupting the silence between the two.

There eyes divert over to the group before back at each other.

"We can go upstairs if you'd like" Arya suggests

David nods "Sure"

The two walk up the stair case and sit in Arya's usual spot. The spot David first saw her in.

"So how many of these do you go to?" David asks

Arya shrugs

" a few I guess" she answers honestly

"Cool" he mumbles.

Arya begins to fiddle with her fingers awkwardly

"I just want to start off with apologizing" she begins

"You don't have to apologize" David cuts in

"But I do and I will, so if you could just be quiet and listen to this apology I rehearsed in the washroom for the past half an hour that would be much appreciated"

Arya's peremptory tone was hard to take seriously resulting in him hiding his smile back.

Arya notices his behaviour

"David" she sighs

"I'm sorry" He apologizes whilst sitting up straight, grabbing her hand.

David realizes too late of his actions and pulls apart. There was something so familiar and right with Arya that made him forget they are still somewhat strangers. It was one of his biggest fears with her. That she doesn't feel the same.