SEVENTY-THREE

"So, you like cats?"

The police SUV rolled down the streets of downtown Berlin, heading in the direction of the CIA headquarters. Surrounded on all sides by police on motorbikes, Lottie stole a glance out the back window from her spot next to Steve and past Sam's head, frowning at the sight of the armored vehicle behind them that carried Bucky.

"Sam-"

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam interjected again, gaining a sigh from Steve.

Lottie's eyes trailed from the back window to Prince T'Challa in front of her, studying him for a moment as she thought back to watching him fight Bucky on the rooftop not long ago.

"When you fought on the roof, your suit absorbed the energy of the bullets," she finally spoke, watching as T'Challa made no move to acknowledge her. "It's ingrained with vibraniun, isn't it?"

"You truly are as smart as they claim, Miss Watson," T'Challa spoke, thought he never looked back at the trio behind him. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king," T'Challa turned around this time, finally looking between the three behind him. "How long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

Steve's hand found it's place around Lottie's as they were rolled into the underground portion of the CIA headquarters, the side doors opening to allow them to step out of the SUV. The pair stole a glance at Bucky, strapped to a chair inside bulletproof glass as he was wheeled away, his eyes meeting their's for just a split second.

Lottie, Steve, Sam, and T'Challa were lead toward a group of men standing just feet away, Sharon Carter standing beside them.

"What's going to happen to him?" Steve questioned the man standing beside Sharon.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition,"

"This is Everett Ross," Sharon quickly explained, sending them both a strained smile. "Deputy Task Force Commander."

"What about lawyers?" Lottie questioned, gaining a laugh from the task force commander, and forcing the woman to raise her eyebrow at him. "Mr. Ross, under the Sixth Amendment of the United States, all those accused in criminal prosecutions, which I assume is what you are seeking for us, have the right to be represented by attorneys. I'm not sure how proficient you are in criminal justice practices and the Constitution, but I'm sure I can give you a quick lesson."

Sam stifled a laugh from behind Lottie, clearing his throat as a smirk rose on the woman's lips. Ross cleared his throat, his wide eyes looking away from her within a second.

"Alright, well then, see their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt, don't worry,"

The group was led down the hallways of the headquarters, across the sky bridge that led to the main section of the facility, while Bucky was hauled off into another section.