11

11 | For you, Noe
Song: Upper West Side
By: King Princess

August 6, 2019 (Same day)

"Noah, your house is so beautiful!" JT said while looking around.

"Oh thanks," I said, quietly. I'm kinda shy at times.

She makes her way to my couch and jumps on it making her bounce. I took a seat next to the couch on one of my comfy chairs. "So what do you want to do?" I asked her.

She sat up with a smile on her face. "If you don't mind, let's talk about Grayson." She said.

I froze. My cheeks were so hot. They were burning. I held them both with my hands.

"I think it's funny how you said you guys weren't dating but then I found you two sleeping in the back seat of I guess his car." She said in between her laughs.

"Well we're just friends JT, okay, I know what you mean." I adjusted my position so that I was facing her. "Like if I was in your shoes and I saw my friend sleeping with a guy in the back of the car then I would totally think there's something going on." I brought my hands up to my face. I sighed and looked up at her. "But there's not."

I don't know why I'm getting so deep with this but I feel like I've known JT for a long time. I feel like I can tell her anything and she won't judge.

"I feel like crap sometimes because when I'm around Grayson, I feel like we have this connection and we really get along with each other very well. Sometimes we have these moments together and it means so much to me that we're best friends. He's there for me whenever I need it. He takes care of me more than my parents ever did."

As soon as that left my mouth, I wanted to cry. Great! Now she's gonna ask!

I looked at her and she asked, "Are your parents not here?"

I licked my lips and got really to speak. "Um well . . . My dad left us when I was a year old and . . ." I can't continue with this. Not now. Not ever. "and my mom died two years ago of a heart attack in her sleep. Ever since then I've been living on my own with Grayson by my side every step of the way." The next thing that I said was surprising to me. "And in those two years, I've had some problems with depression. Grayson doesn't even know about it."

I felt a tear run down the side of my cheek. I whipped it off and stood up. "Sorry I don't know where that came from." I laughed to try to lighten up the mood.

But then she grabbed my face with both her hands and she said, "Noah, it's okay. I'm sorry about your parents and I'm sorry Gray doesn't feel the same way." I just looked at her. She's so sweet. "And I think you're beautiful, inside and out."

I looked down and moved away from her. I started to walk towards the kitchen. "You hungry?" I asked as I opened the fridge.

She sat up on one of the counters and said, "Sure am." with a smile. 

***

We ended up having making Mac and Cheese for dinner and began to watch a movie for the time being. 

we watched Mean Girls and after that, we fell into the Netflix rabbit hole. We spent at least 15 minutes searching for something to watch. 

I gave her the remote after a while and went into the kitchen to get some water. Then my phone buzzed twice in a row. I opened it and saw a text from a random number. It said, "Hey, what's up?" But the only thing I could think about is . . . him. 

So I responded back saying, "Who is this?" 

The typing bubble popped up. He said, "It's Nate. I want to meet up on August 30th for dinner. I need to explain things to you."