Chapter 16 (FINAL)

All my memories about him came back, from the day i first walked into elementary school and played hide and seek with him in recess, until the moment i last texted him that night.

Alan was my boyfriend.

How could i ever try to leave him?

He was still kissing me, i kissed him back, he smiled against my lips and pulled away.

I fluttered my eyes open, i could see!

I blinked a few times to get used to the light and colors.

"i remember" i mouthed at him.

"remember what?"

"everything" i smiled.

He leaned back in and kissed me again, oh how i missed these lips.

I heard a small thud, it sounded like a bouquet of flowers falling onto the floor.

And it was.

We broke our kiss and looked up at the doorway.

My dad.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, staring my father dead in the eyes.

Yes, i also remember everything he said and did.

I looked down on the bouquet.

Alan looked back at me, he probably didn't know i had my vision back.

I nudged his arm and pointed at my eye, "i can see again" i whispered.

He let out a smile and leaned in again, hugging me tightly.

My dad cleared his throat.

Alan let go off me and looked up at my dad, I noticed he had tears in his eyes.

"he can see again" Alan sputtered out, "his vision is back" he smiled while a tear rolled down his cheek.

I lifted my arm and wiped away the tear, which made Alan cry even more.

My dad stood there emotionless, probably still shocked by the sight of his own son kissing another boy.

"hi dad"I whispered while taking hold of Alan's hand.

"i knew it" he hissed.

"knew what?"

"that you two were together! Do you think I'm an idiot Austin?! He even called you his boyfriend around me, did you really think i wouldn't see through this?!"

"then why didn't you say anything?! Heh? Why didn't you stop me if you knew it all along?!"

"because you were happy! I had never seen you this happy! But this isn't right, as long as you and him are together you are NOT welcome in my home, only to pack your bags"

"you disgust me, you were never a dad to me, that house was not my home, when I'm out I'm packing my bags and leaving, now go" i ordered.

My dad spun around on his heels and marched away.

I didn't notice Alan was still crying, even harder now.

"I'm so sorry this is all my fault i shouldn't have said that and i shouldn't have kissed you and i shouldn't have come back to this town and Fuck up your life I'm a terrible person I'm so sorry Austin"

"did you hear what he said?"

"yes" 

"about the happy part"

"y-yes"

"he was right, I'm happier than ever now that I'm with you"

"but if you're so happy.., wh-why did you try to kill yourself?"