Stage Twenty-Two

Chase

"I'll probably be ready in twenty minutes maybe ten I'm just finishing up on a case I have coming up

"I'll probably be ready in twenty minutes maybe ten I'm just finishing up on a case I have coming up."

"Ok I'm on my way already our reservation is in an hour so we'll have some time to kill."

Tammy was on her way over for us to go out to lunch and discuss our wedding. Of course she said yes crying like a little baby. At first I didn't want to propose during her mother's dinner because you know it's her night I didn't want to take the attention away from her but she was all for it. I know she almost spilt the beans when they were out but Tammy didn't catch anything thankfully.

Soon as I slid the ring on her hand her mom bum rushes me in a big momma bear hug. Her family was so welcoming to me and Hope. The girls were happy to being that now they really will be sisters. To think I was so nervous and everything went perfectly.

In the middle of type up something my assistant knocks. "You have a visitor Mr Banks."

"Who is it?"

"It's uh your child's mother sir."

"Oh hell no...Chase I'm not dressed to whoop a bitch ass but I still will." Tammy says in my ears. "Don't hang up this phone either I know you got your air pods in I wanna hear everything this bitch got to say."

"I wasn't going to hang up can you relax yourself please?" I sigh closing my computer.

"Oh I'm sorry baby."

April pushed her way in mugging my assistant. "Bitch move damn."

"Um thank you." Placing my phone down I watch April make her self comfortable on my desk. She picks up a file starting to look through it and I quickly snatch it out her hands. "Yes?"

"I haven't seen or heard from you in a while."

"Why would you?"

"We have a child together Chase we should be on good terms for her."

"Over my dead body." Tammy says. I almost laughed.

"No thank you I know how to act in front of her when you are present no need for anything extra we co parent." Leaning back my hand entangle together as I look at her. "Does Hope need something?"

"No I'm here on my own for you." She smiled.

"For what I didn't ask you to be here."

Laughing she comes around my desk behind my chair. "You remember all the times we've had in this office. I can't even count how many times you had me bent over this desk."

"I can zero I got a new desk."

Tammy's laugh rings in my ear.

April rolls her eyes moving herself to sit in front of me. "Well we can change that break in this one like we did that old one. I know you miss me."