THREE; vlogs

"Home, thank god," I said, falling down onto the couch of me and Damien's shared apartment. I sighed, glad to finally be back home. I had missed this apartment.

Damien suddenly grabbed my wrists and pulled me up off the couch. "You're not done yet, the day's just started," he said, causing me to groan in protest.

"It is for me," I said. "Right now I would be eating dinner, Damien." He let go of me once I was off the couch, so I went to the fridge and grabbed a Pitch Black Mountain Dew, opening it with a click.

"Well, you're not there, and we're filming in 45 minutes, so get yourself camera ready," Damien warned.

I nearly spat out my soda. "We're filming today!? Why didn't you tell me sooner, D? And you only gave me 45 minutes! You're impossible." I walked off towards my room, soda in hand.

"You're more impossible than me, E!" Damien called as I shut my door. I opened my sliding closet door and looked inside. I grabbed a red flannel and jean shorts, not wanting to do too much or too little. I took the fastest 10 minute shower possible and speed dried my hair. I put on a little concealer and mascara and said to myself it was good enough. I tied up my dark brown hair in a messy bun, then met Damien in the hallway.

His room in the apartment was right across the narrow hallway from mine, the bathrooms right in between, only accessible from our rooms. I'm just thankful we each had our own. Down the hall was the combination of our living room and kitchen, and in the corner on Damien's side was our two-desk gaming setup. And that was the whole apartment.

We nearly ran into each other as we left our rooms at the same time. "Oh, hey stranger," Damien said, laughing. "Ready to go eat some food and film it?"

"Oh god yes," I said, running to quickly grab his car keys before he could. "I'm driving your car!"

"You've been driving in the left side of the road for a month, no way," Damien protested, trying the grab the keys from me, but failing. "Besides, it's my car!"

"Oh come on, you just got me back and now you're denying me the rights to your car?" I asked, dangling the keys in front of him with my puppy eyes.

He sighed and smiled lightly. "Fine, but next time, we're taking your car and I'm driving. Deal?"

"Deal!" I smiled and ran out the door and down the stairs, rather than using the elevator. I made it all the way down from the fourth floor without stopping or hesitating. I was just happy to not be on that plane anymore.

I waited on the first floor for Damien, who took a moment and made it down slightly winded. "Damn, how do you have so much energy right now? It's evening on your time and I'm never that energized."

"Just happy to be in a more familiar place for a change," I said.

"You literally spent the first 12 years of your life in Dublin, what do you mean more familiar?" Damien questioned, both of us laughing as I climbed into the driver seat of Damien's car.

"Aww, you kept my keychain," I said, seeing a little custom made button with a picture if me and Damien laughing at Disneyland with our arms around each other's shoulders. I had it made right before I left so he would always see me. It was meant as a joke, the last bit I mean, but I was surprised he kept it in his car.

"Of course, I love that picture," Damien said, buckling his seatbelt as I adjusted the seat and mirrors to work for me. I buckled up and backed out of his parking space.

"And I love the smell of your car, is that new?" I asked, noticing the Midsummer's Night car freshener hanging up behind the keychain button.