@Sevannah_Storm

The Cursed Guardian: 1st place – Historical Fiction – The Dream Awards 2019 and Creativity Awards 2019

Winning First Place for Historical Fiction is an incredible confidence booster. I'm a romance writer so dabbling in historical fantasy and receiving such accolades is unexpected and greatly appreciated.

1 what's the best way to handle a bully? 

Public shaming. In my husband's case, he threw a chair at the bully and was left alone. In my children's case, they made known that they know Krav Maga. Neither have been bullied.

 2 what inspired you to write? 

Boredom. I had the option to play games for hours with nothing to show for it, or I could write down the repeating dream to get it out of my head. That novel is with a publisher now.

3 what's one Wattpad goal? 

Finding loyal readers that go beyond WP boundaries.

 4 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

 Yes! I love the feedback and do not appreciate votes without actual reading. I'm on WP for reader feedback.

5 if you could gain advice from your favourite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

 Neil Gaiman. When writing as a beginner, what is the one advice a publisher/agent/editor gave you that impacted your writing style?

 6 what's the best way to enjoy a rainy day?

 In front of my desk, rain or shine, writing. I'd like to finish all my WIP before I die.

7 what's your dream vacation?

 Sitting at a table writing with an almond cappuccino and a view in front of me. Savanna/beach/city skyline, it doesn't matter as long as I am writing. 

8 if you could hang out with your favourite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

I don't have a favourite celeb. If you asked about a fictitious character, it would be Geralt of Rivia. The stories he could tell!

9 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

 Pay for an editor on your first novel. Mine helped me out so much. I didn't know about Deep POV, showing vs telling, one chapter per POV, adverb/passive voice abuse, limiting my dialogue tags, Oxford comma etc. 

10 what's your favourite snack?

 Popcorn, my kryptonite. 

11 what's your favourite holiday and why? 

Ascension Day because Christ is risen.

request time!
The Cursed Guardian – a woman, cursed and doomed to an immortal life, searches for a cure across continents and time. AGE OF ADALINE + CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON. It has action, history, magic, and a smattering of romance!

 It has action, history, magic, and a smattering of romance!