twelve ( 12 )

"haruto !! wait up !! why are you walking so fast." i chased after haruto and grabbed his arm.

before i could say another word , he shrugged off my grip and walked away fast.

something isn't right ...

i had to find out myself no matter what.

haruto wasn't very far from me , so i shouted with all my energy , "haruto tell me what's going on , you can't just avoid me for the rest of your life."

"yes i can." haruto turned back and replied coldly with a evil smile , "i'll make you suffer the same as how my mum suffered. i'll find out every single thing your parents did to my mum and make you go through the same."

"wai—" i started to think , "my ... my parents killed ... killed your ... your mum ?!"

i couldn't help but fall to the floor and cry. but why would my parents even do that ?!

"our parents worked together in a banking company , they were good friends. but unfortunately , the company went bankrupt and YOUR parents forced MY parents to pay for the bankruptcy. my parents refused so we started to hate each other. your father went missing , probably even dead. if your mum is alive now , i will find her and kill her. if she's not around , i'll let you go through the consequences." haruto shouted everything at my face.

i cried too much i couldn't even help myself to stand.

"haruto please , please , don't leave me alone please." i begged haruto as i tried to grab his hands but failed , all i could see was haruto's back view walking further and further from me.

what had my parents done ?!

now how am i supposed to go to work.

before that , i ran home and found my mum on the sofa , television on but she was moving and walking about the house.

the moment she saw me , she pulled me down and told me , "sweetheart i think i heard some burglar coming in our house now let's go and hide in my room."

i knew she was trying to hide something.

"mum , dad didn't just disappear without leaving a trace right ? he disappeared because you 2 forced haruto's parents to pay up for the money didn't you ? now haruto found out , how am i supposed to face him when i go to work ?" i spitted the words out of my mouth.

"no please i'll explain everything to you later now can we please hide first ??" my mum begged me.

"mum there's nothing to hide for we're in our house." i laughed it off when suddenly i heard the police siren.

"the police are here. they're going to catch me. Y/N please protect me. i really didn't do anything to haruto's parents. it was oppa , i didn't do anything." my mum begged me.

"ok ok let's go up and hide first. you lock the door i will sit outside like nothing happened alright ?" i said calmly as i brought my mum up to her room.

"dingdong!!"

the doorbell rang.

oh crap.

i opened the door and saw the police outside.

"can we have a talk with kim young jin ?" the police asked me.

i just stared at them blindly.

"if you're not sure who , it's your mum." the police said with a sarcastic smile.

"we brought our witness here , mr. haruto." the police said.

i looked up and saw haruto glaring at me , causing tears to roll down my cheeks again. the police pushed past me without notice as i kept staring at haruto.

suddenly , banging of the door was heard. i turned around and saw the police trying to find mum !!

"no !! please !! my mum is innocent !! please give me a chance. i'll prove you wrong !!" i screamed as they kept on kicking the door and pushed me away.

2 policemen grabbed me away from the door.

"mum !!" i shouted and cried.

"your mum needs some investigating with a murder case 10 years ago." the police said.

they dragged mum out of the door.

"Y/N help !!" my mum shouted and shook her head violently.

the 2 policemen let go of me and i fell to the ground.

"mum ..." i sobbed silently.

playback in haruto's POV

"good afternoon mr. haruto , we've tested out the thumbprint and it seems like it belongs to an unknown man whom went missing 10 years ago. we couldn't track where he was now as all his data files are gone. we've only left with his wife and only daughter. wife named kim young jin , daughter named Y/N." the police explained to haruto.

i was so shocked , Y/N is the daughter ??

my heart broke.

i liked Y/N but she's the daughter of 2 villains who killed my mum.

i can't bare to hurt her.

i can't bare to watch her cry.

i can't bare to watch her go.

i don't know what to do without her.

author's note :
hey guys this chapter is longer and i hope you're enjoying the story. the ranking of my book dropped so hopefully it will go back up. the story is getting creepy , but will the love from haruto to you prevent him from hurting you ?? the story is pretty complicated now so i needa think for a while. continue to vote and read my story. next chapter might be up in the next few hours !! ❤️🥰