Chapter 8 - Preparation

~ Zoro's POV~

After everything that occurred, I truly hope that the Queen doesn't find out about it. I'd rather stay on her good side. The only way Fairy Tail makes money now-a-days is from the Queen sending us on missions. If I just screwed that up, I don't know what will happen to us. I can only hope Phantomhive and the butler don't do anything stupid.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Phantomhive will even take me seriously. I know that my appearance isn't necessarily the cleanest or most organized, I didn't show any particular interest in our "conversation," and I didn't exactly fight back against the Raven. While I knew once he saw my letter, he'd end up letting me go, I do know that my disinterest may have been interpreted as fear.

Oh well, if I determine that they are an enemy, I know that they won't take me seriously and all I'd have to do, is wipe them out in an instant. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that. I'd rather no more wars, they're incredibly annoying.

But enough of that, I just have get back to the guild and tell the Master what's going on. I'll finish up the report for the Queen later, once I have more information on the subjects. Of course, that means I have to actually get to the guild hall, which is quite the tedious hike.

In the middle of the woods located on a cliff, I was able to locate Fairy Tail standing proud. But, there was a problem. Something felt off. I know it's something but, I can't figure out what it is. Tensing up slightly, I had to stay on guard. I can only hope whatever this is, didn't get to the Fairy Tail family.

Entering the guild however, everything seemed normal. If anything, it was abnormally quiet. Well, I suppose that since Natsu, Gray, Gajeel and Elfman aren't here yet, it makes sense. I can only hope that I'll be able to have a meeting with the Master quickly and high-tail it out of here before they arrive. I don't need to get caught in any battles.

Briefly greeting Mirajane, Levy and Lucy as I pass them, I start up the stairs to his office. But I can't shake that eerie feeling from earlier, am I being watched? Let's hope not, we don't need any random stranger finding out about our guild.

When I finally made it to their office, I knocked on the door three times before letting myself in. I just need to tell them that I'll be gone for a couple of days, hopefully if my calculations are correct, it'll only takes two more days until we find Jack the Ripper, it'll most likely take place at night, and I have sneaking suspicion of who the killer(s) are. Opening the door to their office, I made my entrance.

"Oh, hello Zoro, are you already back from your mission?"

"Sorry, but no. Finishing up my mission will take a bit longer than I originally planned, I'll be gone from the guild for around three days. I hope you'll be able to manage them without me."

"Wait, you were was incorrect? Seems that even renowned tacticians can make mistakes."

Gaining a depressed aura, I quickly spoke again.

"Yeah well, I'm not as good as Mom so I'll be going, I'll see you in a few days, don't get too drunk while I'm gone."

Turning away from Master, I began to make my way to their office door.

"Wait."

I had just reached my hand out towards the handle, but stopped and turned my head to look and them.

"There is something troubling you isn't there? What would that be?"

"... It's about who I'm gaining information on..."

"What about them?"

"They're not exactly human. Their butler is a demon, He's not of Zeref's demons by any means but, they all have the same aura, the smell of death radiates off of them."