42

A few days later, Louis had spent most of his time by Harry's side, accompanying him as he visited the beasts in the practice room, feeding them and taking care of them.

So far, Louis couldn't see that much of a physical difference yet, but they did start acting less...animalistic. They would just lay around, not even in the mood to eat raw meat. Instead, Harry brought them cooked meat, which they happily munched on. Their fur seemed to be falling off as well, though they seemed a lot weaker and disoriented. Louis knew they needed to give the cure more time to take effect, having to reassure Harry again and again that he wasn't killing the beasts, and that they just had to be patient.

They were currently eating lunch now, or at least Louis was. Harry simply played with his food, nervously biting his lip. Louis knew that he was nervous about the cure and all that, and no matter how many times Louis reassured him, Harry would still inevitably think of it.

After a few moments of silence, Louis said casually, "Haz, do you want to watch a movie in our room? We can bring our food up there."

Harry gave him a small smile. "That actually sounds nice. I haven't seen a film in a while."

"Great," Louis said as he stood up, taking Harry's hand to help him stand up as well. Louis asked the maids to bring up their foods for them before dragging Harry upstairs.

Louis set Harry down on their bed as he set up the TV, arranging their food properly on the table as the maids brought it in. After picking the latest movie he could find and putting it in the DVD player, he joined Harry in the bed and wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him close so that Harry's back was pressed to his chest.

Louis had to urge Harry to eat several times before his plate was finally empty. After putting their dirty dishes aside, they shifted around to get into a proper cuddling position. They were soon lying down with Louis spooning Harry from behind, inhaling the wonderful scent of his hair and his skin as rubbed Harry's arm up and down soothingly.

This routine went on for a few more days—Louis comforting Harry and trying to get the Omega's mind off of the cure to lessen his stress, while Harry just melted into his every touch and let Louis loosen him up. Louis would always accompany Harry whenever he'd visit the beasts (aside from the fact that he still didn't fully trust beasts, Louis worried that some things could go wrong because of the potion and cause the beasts to be even more feral, but luckily, none of that happened), never forgetting to reassure him that everything was going to be fine.

It wasn't until a few more days later during a particularly rainy night, Louis calmly stroking Harry's arm as the boy let out small puffs of breath into his chest that something eventful happened. The couple were watching a Disney movie (as suggested by Harry) for the night, and as always, Harry fell asleep before the film even finished. Louis was busy admiring the soft curl of his thick lashes against his milky skin, and his beautiful slightly parted lips when he heard a loud howl.

Instinctively, Louis sat up on the bed, effectively knocking Harry off of him and launching the boy onto the floor. Harry glared at him through messy curls, grumbling incoherently about a wonderful dream he was having.

"Sorry, baby." Louis was immediately by his side on the floor, kissing the top of his head which seemed to have hit the floor. "I heard something. From the practice rooms, I think."

Harry's eyes widened at that, "Oh—so the beasts? What do you think—"

Then came another one, a sound somewhere between a deep bellow and a pained grunt. Louis and Harry stared at each other for a moment, and then Harry was stumbling onto his feet, racing towards the door.