2

Later that night I decided to get a glass of water before falling asleep. As I exited my room and made my way downstairs I noticed both Aldo and Jimi standing outside of Helen's door in their pajamas. I slowly creeped over to see what they were looking at.

As I rounded the doorframe I saw Helen who was seated up in bed crying.

"Way to go Paula, you go" Helen cried out with tissues in both her hands and in her lap.

"Why is mommy crying?" Aldo asks looking up to Jimi and I.

"I think it's hormones" Jimi says slightly creeped out.

"I think it's a sad show. C'mon Aldo I'll tuck you into bed" I said ushering the child off towards his room.
———
The next morning was like any typical North morning. I was grabbing the box of cereal that was next to Lau as I watched him pour too much milk into his cereal due to him being half asleep.

Naoko hands him a napkin before resuming her meal.

I quickly grab the milk before anyone else does. Milk was a hot commodity in this house hold and once it's gone you're out of luck. 

I pour some milk into my cereal before grabbing at spot at the table.

"Hey mom do you have my project?" Dylan frantically asks. Helen whips out the project handing it to him while simultaneously shifting and reading the mail.

"Mom do you have $5?" Joni asks.

"In the chicks" Helen points to the left of her as she swings around the kitchen.

"Alright ladies lets go get dressed" Phoebe says to the twins as she finishes braiding their hair. I'm seated near Helen as she opens an envelope.

"Reunion cruise" Helen says aloud before chuckling.

"Sounds like fun" I said putting my dish in the sink.

"Oh yeah like I have time to go on a cruise" Helen responds before being summoned to tend to her children and their needs.

"Mick's dog just puked on Aldo" Jimi yells while still laughing.

"Sorry" Mick yells. Helen looks mortified while also looking like she's reconsidering the cruise.

"So you're going?" I ask. She shakes her head yes.
———
Later that night:

Phoebe and I were put in charge as Helen was heading out on a business dinner tonight.

"Super heroes" the twins say as they bounce throughout the first level of the house with pool noodles and swords in their hands.

"Super hero bouncers" Helen plays along looking at herself in the mirror.

"And I thought you weren't interested in Max"

"and I thought you weren't going to wear black anymore" Phoebe and Lau tease.

"This isn't black this is tie die, and I'm not interested in Max, I'm interested in this buyer he's bring up from New York" Helen states as she rummages through her bag looking for her lipstick which Phoebe was holding.

"Oh thanks Phoebe"

"Why don't you just have them here?" I ask

"Homes are for free expression not for good impressions" Helen quotes as a whole watermelon comes falling from the ceiling and breaking on the staircase. "If you catch my drift" Helen says before leaving.

As Helen walks out I feel my phone vibrate. It's a text from William. Phoebe and I had plans to stay home and watch a bunch of movies together but I knew she would take a rain check.

"Hey Phoebe do you mind if I go out tonight?"

"Do you have a date with that new guy?" Phoebe asked smirking. "Go have fun"

I quickly grabbed my wallet and keys before darting out the door. I told William I would meet him outside of my house which meant I had to walk a few houses down.

Once I got to my house I sat on the steps of my porch waiting for William to arrive.

"Hey" he said standing at the edge of my property with his hands in his pockets.

"Hi" I said back.

"I figured tonight would be the perfect time to have you show me around New London" William said.

"I'd love to" I responded as I lifted myself off the porch step walking towards William. We walked around the neighborhood heading to a local pizza place the North's and I loved. We both enjoyed a slice while sitting in a booth in the corner of the restaurant.

"So how was your first day of school here?" I asked

"It was okay. Tell me have you always lived in this town?" William asked.

"Yeah New London is home. My mom grew up here as well"

"Wow must be nice calling one place home. My dad is in the military we move quite often"

"Oh that explains the whistle blowing and commands I heard the other day when you moved in" I giggled.

"Yeah he's very old fashion" William said. After our slices we walked back home. I stopped in front of my house and William kissed my cheek before heading towards his.

"I had a great time tonight" William said.

"So did I" I responded before heading inside the house. I grabbed a few more outfits to bring back the North's house.

As I walked in loudness and laughter filled the air.

"Home sweet home" I whispered before heading upstairs to my bed.