37 | τριάντα εφτά

37 | τριάντα εφτά

▃▃▃▃▃⚡︎▃▃▃▃▃

I WAS PINNED down against the golden ground, Artemis' elbow cutting off the circulation of oxygen as it was pressed against my throat.

I could feel my face turning purple as I struggled against her grasp.

"Father will be proud when I take you to him. He will reward me abundantly." She said in a deep and almost formal voice.

Her deep brown eyes were peering down at me, lips pursed with determination. I began to panic, struggling against her strong grip as my vision started blurring.

I shook my head vigorously in attempt to stay conscious. I couldn't faint now. I wouldn't faint now.

"But first..." she loosened her hold on me, allowing a wave of oxygen to wash over me as I blinked rapidly.

"What have you done to my brother?" She hissed indignantly.

My eyes widened confusedly. "Huh... what?" I asked and she tightened her hold again.

"Do not make me ask again." She said sharply. "Or I will crush your skull between my thighs and use it as a toilet paper dispenser." She threatened as my eyes flew open.

"Which sorceress have you used to turn him against us?" She growled like an animal and my heart beat picked up.

Okay... so she was loony.

"If you crush my skull then you can't really use it as a dispenser, can you?"

"Let go of her!" Gayle's frightened voice made both of our heads snap towards her.

She was trembling, though her war helmet was still firmly on her head. In her hands, Pandora's box. She had it out in front of her as if it were a threat to Artemis.

"Gayle! I told you to get out of here!" I hissed at her, the sight of her snapping me wide awake.

Artemis would have her head on a silver platter, what was she doing?

She didn't move. "And I told you, I'm not leaving you. You get off of her lest you want me to unleash whatever resides in this box of unspeakable horrors on your psychotic ass!" She screeched.

"Watch yourself, mortal. Do not open that box." She growled.

Gayle's grip tightened on the box. I couldn't see her face, but I could imagine her lips were pursed, eyes narrowed threateningly as she popped the box slightly open, not being brave enough to open it too wide.

I froze, awaiting for something terrible to happen, but nothing did. The war raged on around us as we all waited for it.

That was enough time for Artemis to resume her attack on me. "Your accomplice has failed." She growled.

"Tell me why you have turned my brother against me!" She was speeding towards me, hands out in a motion to choke me and her eyes were wide with malice.

Before she reached me, however, the skies roared, turning pitch black in a matter of seconds. A chill, colder than night encompassed the atmosphere as we all paused, even those fighting all around us had stopped as it was dark and they could not see anything.