Chapter 6

Sorry I haven't really worked on this story lately. Been busy plus I want to finish The death of Griffin.... But someone asked if I would update Native. So without further ado here's chapter 6! 

Anoki's P.O.V.

My head hurt and my muscles ached. I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't I was in to much pain. I wanted to let the darkness take me but I knew I couldn't do that either. I was supposed to do something. Supposed to…

Avery's P.O.V.

I half dragged half carried Anoki's body to the nurses’ office. He was bloody and I could see bruises already forming. This is all my fault. I should have helped but I didn't. I felt my eye's burn with tears.

"My god what happened?" The nurse asked her eyes wide in shock.

"He got into a fight with some demons." I said wiping my eyes.

"And he's still alive?" She questioned amazed. I nodded.

The nurse looked at the clock. "You better get to class. I'll take care of him from here." I nodded and thanked her and ran to my second period class.

By lunch Anoki still hadn't woken up. I started to freak out a little. I hope he isn't hurt to badly. I sat down at a table by myself feeling alone without Anoki. I was just taking a bite of my pbj sandwich when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Zander. He was new and already the most popular guy at my school. He was attractive but I liked Anoki so it didn't matter.

"Can I help you?" I asked before taking another bite.

"Yes I need you to come with me."

I looked at him suspiciously. "Why?"

"Because I said so." Then he proceeded to grab my arm and start yanking me from the room. He was stronger than me so I just let him move me. When we reached the hall he dropped my wrist. "Follow me." I walked silently behind him unsure of where we were going.

"You aren't going to rape me or something are you?" I asked timidly.

He laughed and looked at me a smirk on his face." I was thinking about it." I knew he was joking but it still sent a shiver down my spine. Finally we came to the door to the locker room.

"I'm not going in there." I've seen enough movies and read enough books to know that something bad will happen if I go with him.

"You don't have a choice." He picked me up throwing me over his shoulder and carried me into the locker room. I pounded on his back trying to get away. I tried everything but nothing worked. I started hyperventilating, my breath coming out in short pants. My hands were shaking and my throat felt like it might explode.

Zander set me down on a bench and stared at my shaking form. I felt arms grab me and turned. I was shaking even worse when I realized what they were. The demons grinned evilly as they pinned me to a bench. I watched as Zander opened a locker and pulled out a sock. Why does he have…?

Zander balled up the sock and forced my jaw open shoving it in. I tried spitting it out but I couldn’t. Then he grabbed duct tape and used it to make sure the sock stayed put. I thrashed violently trying to escape. The demon to my right was licking his licks hungrily as he stared at the flesh of my neck. I cringed at the thought of his sharp teeth tearing at me skin. Zander smiled sweetly down at me.

“You might as well give up. No one knows where you are and no one can hear you.”

“MMMM!” he laughed. He sat down straddling my body. His hand started running up my shirt and I shivered as he flicked my nipple.

“I could have so much fun with him, but I don’t think Anoki will join if that happens.” He laughed again and pulled his hand from my shirt. “Put the blindfold on him and get him in the car.” The demons obliged.

I heard a sound like a trunk opening and the next thing I knew I was falling. I slammed painfully onto my chest in what I guessed to be the trunk of a car. Someone roughly grabbed my arms and yanked them behind my back. I felt the silver of the cuffs as they clicked into place keeping me from moving. Then something wrapped around my ankles and they were attached by a chain to my wrists.

“Mhhhhh MMMMMM!!!!’ I wriggled around trying to escape but the trunk closed. I flipped around wildly trying to loosen the cuffs or the duct tape. I was freaking out. Who was Zander? Why was he working with the demons? Why did they want Anoki? I started thrashing even more. I needed to get out, to warn him. I struggled against my bonds but it was no use. I was trapped. And no one knew where I was. I was trapped in a demon’s car. I suddenly had a flash back to when my sister was killed and eaten.

Flashback

Avery! Angelica! Come here for a second!” I heard my mom yell. My sister Angelica and I were playing with dolls when our mom called for us.

“Yah mom?” Angelica asked walking into the kitchen.

“Can you two run to the store for me? We’re out of milk and I need to make a cake for the bake sale next week.”

“Sure Mom.” We said in unison. We got out shoes and coats on and mom gave us the money. Angelica was 12 four years older than me but she was a good sister. She still played with me and didn’t avoid me when she had friends over. She was my best friend, she was sweet, kind, smart, and the strongest most courageous person I knew. We were walking to the store, my small hand wrapped in her larger one when it happened. We heard crying coming from an alley. We looked over and saw a figure hunched over sobbing.

Being the great person she was, Angelica went to the and gently laid her hand on the figures shoulder. The figure spun around and latched onto her wrist. It was then that I saw the glowing eyes and tattoo’s. It hissed at us baring it’s fangs. Angelica screamed and tried to pull away, but the demon was too strong for her.

“Run Avery! Run!” She shrieked at me. But I couldn’t move, it felt like my feet were cemented to the floor. I watched in horror as the demon snapped her neck cutting off her cries. Then he proceded to peel her skin off. I watched, my stomach churning as he peeled the skin away like it was string chees and his fangs chewed it up. I still couldn’t move, I couldn’t even turn my head away. I saw the pool of blood surrounding Angelica as the demon devoured her flesh. I leaned over and was sick all over the cement. I collapsed against the brick wall tears that I didn’t eve realize were there poured down my cheeks. They Anoki showed up and saved me. I couldn’t really tell what it was that he did because my vision was blurry from tears.

End of flashback

I can’t imagine what it would be like to be eaten. Luckily for Angelica they snapped her neck before skinning her. But it made me shudder at the thought that it could happen to someone who wasn’t dead, someone very much alive.

Someone like me.

Vote, comment, and fan!