Ch.13 Dependence

"Crap!"

Chuuya let's go of me and puts his hood up as he ducks behind the machine. I look down at him while Dazai looks over the machine at him.

"What's wrong?"

"Shut up for a second!" Chuuya harshly whispers to Dazai.

Dazai and I look back at the kids.

"Oh, those two. The blue bracelets they're wearing... They're members of the Sheep, aren't they? Good eye, Ori-chan. But, what's the problem?"

"Think dammit!"

"I'm just acting how you would."

"Shut it! Does this seem like a good time for them to see me?"

Dazai looks back at Chuuya. He then proceeds to call Chuuya out loud and clear for them to hear.

"Hey, Chuuya Nakahara!"

Alarmed, Chuuya glares at him.

"Let's get to work! Boss's orders!"

"Are you mental?! Shut up already!"

"Think of it as payback for touching my pet."

The two notice Chuuya and quickly make their way towards us.

"Chuuya!" the boy calls out. "Finally, there you are. We were looking for you."

Chuuya pulls his hood back down and sits back on the stool while greeting them.

"Hey, guys. You're safe."

"Akira and Shougo were abducted by the Port Mafia. Then Daido, Gou, and Michiaki disappeared earlier this morning. No doubt the Port Mafia has them too."

This morning? ...I see. They must have been the boys Dazai...took care of.

"Let's go to their base and give them hell." the boy continues. "You know, like we always do."

"Don't worry about that." Chuuya replies. "We're dealing with that right now."

"Dealing with it?"

"Yeah, dealing with it." Dazai smiles.

The two look at us.

"Never mind that now. Could you tell me what you learned about Arahabaki? Have you discovered anything?"

"Who are they?" the boy asks.

"Are they interested in joining?" the girl asks.

"Something like that." Chuuya sends a small glare Dazai's way. "Sorry, but would you mind answering his question? Please."

"Okay, I guess."

The boy faces us again.

"Based on our investigation, rumors about people seeing the previous boss or black flame have exploded in the past week."