Chapter two:Friendship is the key to getting embarrassed in public

Hiya bros and yos,i don't know where I was going with that...so this book will have two perspectives!Derek's and Stiles's.

____________________________________________________________

I watched as Stiles ran to his class,I just got back and he's already acting like he doesn't know me.And sure that hurt but I can't really say anything to him,he's a teenager he going through a couple of things I probably wouldn't understand.But still I'm just concerned for him.

I walked out of the school,my job starts tomorrow which doesn't make much sense but that's what my boss said.My Camaro was in the place I parked it in this morning,my dad bought it for me for my birthday thinking that it would gain him some brownie points but really I'm still upset with him.He left my mother a long time ago but still he wasn't there for me most of my childhood.

I got into the car and put the key in the ignition.I sighed should I wait for school to end which is in like six hours or should I go home to an empty house.Or I could go visit Paige I haven't seen her in forever.Third option it is.

I drove out into the road passing the school and going on to the main street.I made it to her house in no time,a bubble of excitement rested in my stomach,its been forever since I've seen her and to be honest I missed her a lot.

I walked up her drive way and then towards the door my steps cautious.I sucked in a deep breath and knocked on the door three times.I heard footsteps rush to the front and then a dog bark.I almost forgot about Richie.

The door swung open and Paige's mother appeared in front of me,she was beaming at me.I smiled back and I could feel my neck warm up.Here parents always made me feel nervous even though I'm not dating her or even sexually attracted to her.

"Derek you look great!How are you?how was college?Look at that facial hair!"She was so excited,questions spilling out of her mouth as she hugged me,i hugged back and chuckled.

She hasn't changed a bit,she's always been very positive and throwing compliments where she can.

"You look lovely Mrs.T," she laughed and let me in,"Thank you dear."

I heard laughter from within the living room,i felt my pulse quicken again,my nerves are getting the better of me again.I stuffed my hands in my pocket and followed Mrs.T into the living room.

"Paige,you have a visitor."Her mother chimed and Paige turned around and her face brightened automatically,she jumped up from the couch and into my arms,paige has always been like sister nothing more nothing less.

"Oh my god!you little piece of shit why didn't you call?"she mumbled into my shoulder and I laughed,she smelled like raspberry,we got out of our embrace and I shook her fathers hand.He's always approved of me also,he was a kind man,he worked at the cemetery night shifts mostly.

"How have you been?"Mr.T asked.

"I've been good,just got a job at BHHS."Her mother grinned and her father patted me on a shoulder.

"Teacher?"Paige raised an eyebrow with a grin,she knew better,I playfully glared at her.

"Coach actually."She snickered and her mother scolded her slightly.

"I think it's a good thing he has a job."Her mother defended me and Paige shrugged still grinning,Paige understands how impatient I am with people,especially rude teenagers.

"Well mother..father,I am going to make Derek take me out for food!"Paige grinned and skipped past me and out the door keys dangling from her fingers,i shrugged and walked behind her,but not before waving goodbye to her parents.

"Woah!nice ride."She had a sly smirk on her lips and I smiled slightly.

"My dad got it."I crossed my arms and her smile turned wicked.

"Ew gross...does that mean you'll give it me?"I laughed and shook my head.

"In your dreams."I sat on the drivers side and she got in the passenger side still smiling.

"A girl can only try."She shrugged and fiddled with the stereo.I drove out of my parking spot and towards her favorite diner.Her eyes lit up with happiness,she knew this route already,she knew that I would only go here because she likes it so much.

I parked and we both walked in silently,thats the thing I love about Paige,the silence is never awkward.But what I'm about to tell her might make it,we took our seats and ordered our food.

"So Hale what's eating at you."She laced her fingers together and looked me straight in the eyes.

"I'm desperately in love with my little brothers best friend,and I'm also bisexual plus nobody not even my mother knows,and did I mention I'm in love with a kid who barely turned legal,yeah...cause I did."

I sighed,wishing I could just tell her all that but I can't so I shrugged,she shook her head and rested her hand on mine.Her hand was warm and calming.

"Fine,i'm...i'm bisexual."I looked away from her eyes and blushed darkly.I heard a small snort escape out of her,I looked back at her surprised she only grinned.

"Derek...I know,I saw how you sometimes stared at guys practically eye fucking them and how you would have that same look for girls,and I'm glad you told me."I smiled it felt like just a small a very very small weight was lifted from my shoulders.

Our food arrived and we fell into lighter topics like,college,work,tv shows,new movies,and food.It was nice,I missed feeling like I didn't have so many problems on my mind all at once.

"Derek do you remember...when..when I had that crush on you?"She asked picking a berry off her pancake.I nodded a yes and sipped on my coffee.

"Well do you also remember the day I got over it?"I also recalled that it was weird,one day she stopped having that gooey love sick look in her eyes and acted like my best friend again,I nodded.

"Well that was the day I figured out you were bisexual."I gulped my coffee loudly and she chuckled.

"Was it that obvious?"I felt my ears warm up and she laughed shaking her head no.

"Actually it wasn't,I started watching your behavior...which isn't as creepy as it sounds...and I just knew...somehow I knew."She smiled at me.

"And right now I know you are in love with someone,but you're scared to tell me who,so I'm assuming it's a guy."She took a bite into her food.She had a cocky gleam to her eyes.

"How do you do that?"I groaned and she smiled and continued to chew.

"I'm just amazing!"She chimed and I chuckled."Well who is it?"

I hesitated in fear that she will judge me,even though that's not very Paige like,I sucked in a deep breath and looked down.

"Well he's legal,"I started and she motioned for me to go on."He's in high school,and just so happens to be Scott's best friend."

Paige's eyes grew wide and she exploded with laughter.I felt a wave a shame wash over me.

"OH MY GOSH!!!" I looked up confused but she still looked totally amused."I FUCKING KNEW IT!!" She practically screamed.A couple of people around us turned our way.

"Paige..shhh.oh my god...please..shh."I put my head down embarrassed.She wiped away a fake tear and patted my hand.

"You know you are never gonna hear the end of this right?"She joked.

"Yup."

"Do you regret telling me?"

"Nope."