Lowly Lovers On a Tree (Kirk imagine lol)

(Set again during RTL era, don't ask why lmao. Seriously don't ask. I just really like that era.)

* There's mentions of drugs and abusive relationships as well, I don't do in depth but you still should know before reading!! *

All the bands around the Bay Area were having a get together and because my shitty excuse for a boyfriend was a guitarist in one, it gave me the excuse to do something with my Friday night. They were trashing some dude's house. When I walked in, there was a plethora of beer bottles, drunk guys and girls trying so hard to catch their attention.

I aimlessly made my way through the crowd to the second floor of the house to retreat to a bathroom for some time. Of course, my boyfriend was flirting with the desperate girls just throwing themselves at whomever knew how to play a badass solo and allegedly had the most popularity. I never really got them, anyways. These girls would fucking tear one another apart just to be first in line for some band member's dick. I've been with my boyfriend since before his band took off, so I knew how much of a jerk and a drug addict he was. I knew how possessive and easily jealous he'd get yet he was never faithful. We'd always be breaking up then I would forgive him but it's whatever now. I could hear music blasting and noises coming from the room next to the bathroom. Probably drunk sex. Lucky girl, I guess.

Inhaling, I arose from the toilet and took a good look at myself in the mirror. I decided to wear no makeup (okay, maybe a hint of mascara) and let my curls naturally rest on my shoulders. For the occasion, I threw on a Black Sabbath tee, worn out jeans, a nice old pair of vans with a thrasher jacket. I look pretty decent, I say to myself. As soon as I open the door, I'm greeted by Kirk! Hammett!! I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a soft hug as he flashes his adorable smile.

"Hey man! I didn't know you were gonna be here."
He chuckles and looks down at his shoes for a moment, fiddling with his bracelets.

"Oh yeah, nah. Me and guys decided to come mostly because we didn't have anything better to do. I'd be at home playing guitar or watchin' horror movies right about now."

I couldn't hold in my giggles. Typical Kirk. He and I had some history, we went to school together junior and senior year and then worked at the same Burger King. I'd make him buy me cigarettes and in return I'd get him a random horror movie my dad keeps stashed in his huge collection. Good times, we were young and dumb teenagers. Still are young; a tad bit dumb.

"Well that's great. I'm really happy to have seen you. This shit is kind of a drag."

He decided to step closer inside of the bathroom and locked the door. He sat on the tub and I returned to my place on the toilet lid.

We spoke for a considerable amount of time, mostly about what we're up to nowadays, our favorite bands and the occasional debate of who was better; Pink Floyd or Led Zep. I knew about his band Metallica, but we just didn't keep in contact much like we should've. I remember when their first album came out, Kirk called me, we hung out for a few days and he gave me one of the first copies of the record.

"You're still dating that guy? Gabby, why don't you dump him already? I don't like the way he acts towards you and I'm ready to fucking stick a foot up his ass."

I sighed. "I know, I know. Everyone keeps telling me but, I just really can't see myself being happy let alone with anyone else. Sure he may cheat, he hurt my feelings, has hurt me when he's coked out, but you guys just haven't seen the other side of him. He's a sweetheart. He tells me I'm beautiful and brought me a few guitars. Gavin loves to run his fingers through my hair when we lay together. Just the little things, I guess.."