Living Again~ Seventeen

Start from the beginning

     1. Get a haircut. 

     2. Beach. 

     3. Shopping- new clothes.

     4. Attend a party.

     5. Start eating properly again.

     6. Get rid of the nightmares.

     7. Start sleeping properly.  

     8. Earn money somehow in a creative way.

    9. Go for a long ride.

    10. Make a friend.

    11. Go back to my hometown and visit every significant place.

    12. Paint my room

Ethan watched as I cancelled out the ones I had done, the only ones left were- 4, 8 and 9. I hesitated at 11 but decided it was considered done since I did visit every place except for my old house. Then he put his hand around my shoulders, "I'm proud of you."

I turned my head to look at him and my breath caught up. His face was inches away from mine. He was watching my face and I looked into his eyes. 

"Thank you again, I couldn't have done it without you." I rested my head on his shoulder casually, so glad to have someone like him.

"Like I said: anytime, anything, anywhere."

I smiled. He had to leave soon though, his parents were back from a holiday. I hadn't known they weren't around. 

 I sighed happily as I leaned against the doorway and watched him drive away. He was probably the best friend any one could ask for. 

That night Joe and Claire had some friends over so after spending time with the guests, I decided to go to my room and watch a movie. When I saw my phone on the bedside table, I grabbed it to send Ethan a message but I saw he had already beat me to it.

Hey, what did you do tonight? 

- Ethan

Nothing much, I'm kind of bored.

- Marissa

Missing me already? 

-Ethan

I rolled my eyes, so over confident.

No. Actually, I'm glad you're not here.

-Marissa

Ouch. Well that's just too bad.

- Ethan

What do you mean?

- Marissa

Look out your window.

- Ethan

I ran over and there he was, leaning against his car, dangling his keys in his hand. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. What was this boy up to now?

My phone vibrated again: 

Number 9, long ride. Let's go.