7

Ashleys pov

i look around. John and I moved my stuff into his room three days ago and i told him today i wanted to meet some of the women. i was never good with crowds so we agreed to start out small. six people total for the first two weeks and then go up to the floor. today i get to meet his beta and gammas mates which i later found out help run the pack with him to make it easier on him and they also run the pack when he is away. apparently, they were there when they took me as well as one of the guards who has been guarding my room. i also get to meet one of the other cooks. apparently, the elderly lady is a cook and i would be meeting her daughter today as well as three of the pack's teenagers. we agreed to do it this way so that until i was ready to meet more people at least i would have someone to talk to or hang out with at any time of the day.

i get dressed allowing myself to wear something a bit more revealing. we planned to meet in the library which John agreed i could go to whenever i wanted since it was right next to his office and he would be able to hear me if anything went wrong. walking out the door next to john we head down the hall three doors and inside. there were seven people inside one i recognized as the elderly lady "Ashley this is Amanda the head chef and her daughter Nina" i smile at the two now knowing the elderly woman's name "this is Ebony, she is the betas mate" i smile at her "sitting next to her is Camilla she is the gemmas mate" i wave and they wave back "and these three from left to right is Ginger, Charlie and lass" he smiles "nice to meet you all i can't wait for this moron to leave so i can get to know you better" i say pointing at john making them all laugh "okay okay I'm leaving, call me or get the girls too and i will be back i am going to a pack meeting" John laughs out making me smile.

"hey Ashley, i'm ebony, i am twenty-six i am beta simons mate, this is Camila she is twenty-six like me, we are actually twins and her mate is gemma Radell" she smiles "ginger is the sixteen and her mates name is rex he is one of the fighters in training, Charlie hasn't found her mate yet because she is fifteen but she is meant to find him next week on her birthday and lass in eighteen and her mate is Samus who is one of the guards" she smiles at me pointing at each girl, lass has pink hair, Charlie has brown and ginger has red hair. Camilla has green eyes while ebony has blue. "this is Amada, she is our amazing cook her mate is broddi and he is the packs doctor and her daughter ninas mate died in a rouge attack protecting the packs kids" i smile sadly at her "hey its ok, he is a hero in the packs eyes" Nina smiles out i go over and hug her knowing she is still sad. while i dont know much about the mate bond i do know that deep down if John died i would be really upset.

"well hey girls, i am Ashley i am sixteen and i guess i'm johns mate," i say almost questionably "oh we know" they laugh out "i dont really want to meet anyone else so do you think anyone is in the kitchen? i wouldn't mind baking a cake with everyone in here but dont want anyone else around" i laugh out "other then the pack members in the meetings most of the wolves are in their rooms or at work so i think we would be safe" Amada smiles at me I nod.

we head into the kitchen and start cooking when i hear screaming "does anyone else hear that?" i question they all nod "yes but while it sounds close it's on the other side of the borders line in another packs district so we can't do anything" Nina says smiling at me sadly. i look at them all and notice they aren't going to do anything "i will be back, I'm just going to stand in the tree line and see if i can see anything" i say smiling "you won't but ok, call as loud as you can if you need us" ginger says i just nod and walk outside. when i reach the trees i notice the screaming is getting closer. i look back at the kitchen and see they are paying no attention so i take off running into the trees, while i am not fast something in me senses danger to whoever is screaming and i can't help but want to help them.

after running towards the screaming i reach a clearance and notice a little girl screaming her head off while a wolf is leaning over her. my instincts kick in and i start screaming "Nina, ebony, Camilla, someone help" i scream at the top of my lungs not knowing what to do with the wolves since i cant shift. the wolf starts walking towards me stopping in front of me and looking at my neck. i look behind me and see all the girls there some staying in human form and some shifting to wolf form. i side step so they can attack just like Charlie told me to do. i rush at the little kid who is shaking in the middle of the field. i pick her up noticing she feels like skin and bone. turning around i notice a dead man laying on the ground and that ebony, Nina and Camilla are all naked from shifting back.

i hear paws rushing our way and i move the little girl who is now passed out in my arms to protect her i notice a bunch of wolves enters the field "it's okay Ashley its john, Simon, Randell and a bunch of the pack's border patrol and guards" the girls say in unison. the wolves tunr back the guys i am guessing are simon and randell run up to ebony and camilla taking them in their arms. i notice john walking up to me "are you okay? we heard you scream" i just nod "yea, we where making a cake when we heard screaming, the girls told me it was in a different pack land but i wanted to stand in the tree lines to make sure everything was okay when i noticed the screaming getting closer, something took over and i took off running until i found this little girl with that guy in wolf form over her, i knew i couldn't take him out so i screamed to get the girls to come" i get out before taking a deep breath.

john walks closer and sniffs the girl "shes a rouge. which means she was either born to a couple who were rouges and they have most likely died or shes from a nearby pack who was attacked and she's one of the only survivors. we will take her back to the house and get Broddi to check on her and when she wakes up we will find out "i am not leaving her side" i say back as we all head back to the house some of the border patrol not following us since they took care of the body "I'm sorry girls" i say looking over the now feeling bad for everything "its okay, you are the luna, it was the small part of you that knows that taking over to protect we can't blame you for that" they smile out "we will finish the cake and meet you up in the hospital room and we can eat it" Nina smiles at me

_____________________________________________________________________________

author note

oh, la we met some new characters and we saved a little girl how exciting question of the day who do you think the little girl is?

word count: 1351