i

Sunday, 7 pm. Hya had just finished her shift (She works in a record store, 5 blocks away from her flat), and was now on her way to the milk tea shop called Rick and More Tea that had just recently opened. She already felt unusually comfortable since the first time she came there. It wasn't a surprise since the place could make anybody happy.

It was so pretty, the walls were colored a very light pink it almost looked white,  the chairs were this particular shade of mint green, and they were so soft! The pillows were a cream color and they had ruffles all over it, they looked like groovy marshmallows. There were posters everywhere that looked very retro and the music they played were just perfect. The staff were very lovely too, she swore she's not just saying it because her friend, Mia, worked there.

It was Mia, who'd brought her here the day it first opened. She'd never had milk tea before, and even though she acted like she was being forced to come there, she was really excited. Aside from milk teas, they had different stuff too like smoothies, yogurt and ice cream, too, but they were a bit too pricey for Hya. She only worked in a record store, afterall (And she didn't even like music as much as everyone does. She just really needed to get a job). Luckily for her, Mia manages to sneakily give her a smoothie for free sometimes, and the owner, Lou, just pretends not to notice.

Hannah frequently visits the tea house now, ever since it first opened. She's almost sure she spent more time here than she spent in the record shop.

Now, she's sitting at that one particular booth that she's been in so much it could probably be considered as her legal property, reading Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.

Mia approached her, as there were no other customers, with an annoying look on her face. Hya hid her face in her book, but still Mia sat down with her, unfaltered.

"Hi loyal customer and friend that I love. Notice anything new? Or different?", she asked energetically like it wasn't 8 pm, when everyone was supposed to be tired and just want to enjoy some peace and quiet.

Nevertheless, Hya smiled at her enthusiasm. She's always looked so happy, it's contagious. She sometimes wished Mia's happiness infected her permanently, even when Mia wasn't around to cheer her up.

"New about you?", Hya raised her eyebrows.

"Um no, babe, stand up, I'll just show you!!", Mia said as she pulled at her hand.

"Why do you have to ruin my peace and quiet?", she complained, standing up.

"As if you don't love it when I bother you!", Mia exclaimed, sticking her tongue out at her friend. "I bet you're gonna roll your eyes at me."

Hya rolled her eyes.
She followed Mia, who was still gripping her arm as she pulled Hya towards an area where a new (old) jukebox was. How could a tea house be so retro pastel? It looks like a fucking diner.

Mia was more interested in what was hanging on the wall. Aside from the vintage posters and Rick and Morty art the tv show fanatic owner had plastered all over the walls, there was
also a cute bulletin board and some cute stationary, sticky notes and pens next to it on a little shelf. How bizarre could this place get?

"That was my idea! Lou really loved it!", Mia said proudly.

"Who knew you could come up with ideas like that? You're right, it's cute! Like me."

"Hey fuck off, that's insulting to the bulletin board.", she joked.
"Why don't you go write something?" Mia suggested.

"Why don't YOU write something?" Hya spat back.

"Hmm, that's a shame, first person to write a note gets a free smoothie of their choice."

Hannah had never moved so fast in her entire life. Mia can't stop laughing.
"The pens are so cute can I keep one?", she said as she grabbed a pen and a pink sticky note, quickly writing a short message.

I love smoothies especially when they're free.

Mia was delighted with what she wrote and couldn't stop saying awwwww. I swear to god this girl finds everything cute and amusing.

"One problem, though. You gotta sign your name!".

The note was handed back to Hya.

I love smoothies especially when they're free.
❤ Hya

Hya then asked Mia for a pin and Mia put it up for her because you're so small you wouldn't be able to reach it, honey. Then Mia joined Hya on their booth again— talking nonstop about how they hired a new worker named Harry and the guys with australian accents who went in insisting that they sold hotdogs.