one

"Stop" I laughed loudly as my dad fluffed my hair with his hand, rubbing my hair all into my vision, making me push him away, brushing my hair down with my fingers.

"I've got to be presentable in public" I laughed lightly, looking at the people in the bank as we joined the line, my dad sighing.

"You don't have to be presentable for everyone- the prettier you are, the more guys will want you" He spoke, making a guy in front of us turn with a small smile.

"Daddies girl" he nodded with a laugh.

"definitely." My dad spoke with a proud smile, his hands landing on my shoulders.

As we waited, my dad spoke more and more to the man in front of us.

"We're actually on the way to her soccer game- her team is up for state, we're hoping they take the win" my dad spoke proudly- it was more of an accomplishment for him than myself.

"That's amazing, what grade are you in?" The male asked.

"I'm a junior" I spoke politely, seeing him nod lightly.

"She's almost done" he spoke- mainly to my dad

"Don't bring that up" my dad laughed, kissing the back of my head.

"I wish I had a daughter" the male shook his head lightly, a smile never leaving his mouth.

"I promise you, it's not as great as we make it look" my dad immediately laughed, making me hit him lightly, making him laugh harder.

"I was just going to say that it's even better" he lied, making me roll my eyes.

As the man in front of us stepped forward I heard the bell ring on the door- signaling someone entering.

and then the loudest gun sounding went off- making everyone in the room panic instantly.

"Get on the fucking ground!" A voice yelled.

"Down Paige!" My dad spoke quickly, almost shoving me to the ground, putting his body over my own.

I felt my heart pounding

This couldn't be real

The man almost paced- two other running to the register

"Don't speak, stay as still as you can." My dad whispered firmly, his hand intertwining into my own.

"All phones, wallets, purses- anything that isn't physically attached to your body will be brought to me, one at a time and you bring your own things- no one should bring your items." He spat out.

He called people out

As he did this my dad sat up, looking to me.

"You give him your things and you walk away, okay princess?" He spoke.

I gave a solid nod.

"I love you, so much" he spoke, kissing my head firmly.

"I love you" I spoke back, right as the man looked to us.

"The man first" He spat.

My dad stood, walking to him cautiously.

I watched my dad set his wallet and phone at the foot of the man before walking back to me.

"Now you" He spoke, his eyes meeting mine.

I stood, moving to him slowly.

I got to him, never making eye contact

I set my phone at his feet.

As I turned to walk away, I felt him catch my wrist, jerking me back to him

"Let her go"