Chapter 2

A week passes and it's finally Friday. The day of the concert.

*PING*

I look at my phone as see a text from Ember.

        Em👯‍♀️💖

Let's get ready together.
I'll be there at 2!

                                              Okay see you then!

I throw my phone onto my bed.

"Alexa, play Billie Eilish!" I shout.

"Now Playing Billie Eilish, come out and play."

*PING*

*PING*

I grab my phone, thinking it's another text from Em.

Dean❤️

Hey baby, hope you have a good time at the concert!

          Thanks babe!

I let out a heavy sigh.

Dean is my boyfriend of about a year now. Although he is so sweet and genuine, something has felt off lately but I just can't put my finger on it.

Ember finally makes her way to my house and after an hour of getting ready we are almost done.

I have my hair curled slightly to bring it to a wave with a layer of Aquaphor on my lips. I have on my color block joggers, red cropped tank, beanie, and my chunky white Filas.

I actually feel somewhat confident

I actually feel somewhat confident. That is, until I turn and see Ember

She has her hair up in space buns with a black crop top, vintage high waisted shorts with fishnets that show off her tan, and superstar adidas looking picture perfect.

"Okay, you ready?" She asks with a huge grin on her face

"As I'll ever be." I reply.

We make our way to my lime green Jeep Renegade and head to the venue.

     ——————————

We arrive at the amphitheatre and are granted early admission with our VIP lanyards.

We have made our way to the front row and settle center stage right at the barricade.

Excitement rumbles in my stomach as the lights dim and the crowd goes wild.

And there she is.

Walking out on stage in a black sweat suit with a matching black blohsh beanie. Her hair silver with hues of lilac lies flat around her face.

I get an unknown feeling that starts to brew in my stomach, something I've never felt before

I brush it off as she starts off with My Boy.

————————————

The show is almost over and we have sung along to every single song from bellyache to Lovely to COPYCAT and watch.

"I THINK MY VOICE IS GONE!!" Ember shouts over the crowd laughing

"ME TOO!" I shout back.

"Okay you guys, we are gonna slow it down a bit" Billie says over the mic.

She sits at the edge of the stage not even 5 feet away from the barricade.

*come out and play begins*

Wake up and smell the coffee
Is your cup half full or empty?
When we talk, you say it softly
But I love it when you're awfully quiet
Hmm, hmm quiet
Hmm, hmm....

I'm so caught up in the moment that I realize I'm not even singing along. I'm just watching her.

Billie continues singing as her eyes glance around the audience. Moving from one side to the next until her eyes meet mine.

There's that feeling again.

The glimpse in her eyes change, as if something has caught her attention. I expect her to keep going but her glance stays on me.

Her stare is so intense that I feel my cheeks heat up as they turn a shade darker and I look down.

When I look back up her eyes have moved and  she's up off the ground.

I turn to Ember who is singing along with her eyes closed and her hands up, sweeping side to side clearly in the moment.

My attention shifts back to the stage as the performance comes to an end.

"Thank you everybody!!! I love you and goodnight!" Billie screams as she runs off stage and the set ends.

"That was so fucking amazing!!" Ember yells.

"Rori?" She questions as I'm obviously spacing out.

"Huh? Oh yeah totally!" I reply quickly.

I can't stop thinking about that stare.

We leave the pit and make our way to the meet and greet. I look down to see my chest broken out in red patches. Great.