xvi. arranged (medieval!klaus)

a/n: wooo part 3! sorry it took a while, i had a bit of writers block. also in this chapter idk if klaus has the powers i describe but just go with it :) i've got heaps of requests for new chapters so stay tuned!
warnings: nothing
request: same as all the ones before

You couldn't sleep. Your mind kept replaying the events of the day over and over again. Tossing and turning in your bed, you were getting fed up with the lack of sleep coming to you. Throwing off the covers, you draped a navy silk robe over your body and climbed out of bed. Slowly padding across the cold, wooden floors, you reached the window and drew back the curtains to open the doors. Standing on the balcony you could barely see the stars through the dark grey could which covered the sky. Sighing, you let the cold breeze wash over you, closing your eyes to be at peace for a moment.

"God the sky is gorgeous, isn't it?"

So much for a moments silence. Turning your head to a balcony over, you see Klaus smoking what you think is a cigarette from the glow coming from his fingers, but the darkness of the night stops you from seeing anything too clearly.

"Yeah it's so great! I love the way the stars sparkle dimly behind a wall of clouds."
"Just cause you can't see something pretty doesn't mean that it isn't pretty."
"That makes no sense."
"What do you want from me, complete accuracy? It's 4am!"

You shake your head and chuckle at him. Taking a seat at one of the chairs, you put your feet up on the railing and close your eyes.

"Don't fall asleep on me L/N."
"Why aren't you in bed Klaus?"
"I could ask you the same question."
"Because I can't sleep when I've got a million things on my mind."
"I can't sleep in general, so we've got that in common at least."

You open one eye and look at him curiously.

"What do you mean?"
"You try sleeping when there are dead people surrounding your bed begging for you to help them. It's not easy."
"I keep forgetting about your...powers. You never seem to use them."
"Now tell me Y/N, how the hell would I use my ghost whispering magic in everyday life?"
"Fair enough I guess."

Laughing, you take your feet off the railing and stand up to lean over the side to be closer to him.

"I don't know Klaus. Maybe it could be your secret party trick or something? I actually, I take that back. No one wants to see dead people when they're trying to have fun at a party."

Klaus looks down for a moment, like he was having a debate in his head.

"Do you want to see them?"
"Wait, what?"
"Do you want me to show you the ghosts?"
"Like...right now?"
"Yes, you idiot!"

You're hesitant, but you nod your head slowly. I grin falls onto Klaus' lips as he puts the butt of his cigarette on a tray. Standing on a chair, he jumps up and grabs the gutter of the roof, pulling himself up and onto the tiles on the roof. Making his way over to you, he puts out his hand and gestures for you to copy what he did. Shakily, you stand on the chair and grab his hand, almost pulling him off the roof as he helps you up. You laugh shakily and looks down at the ground beneath you, which seems a lot further away then you expected.

"I-I didn't realise how high up this is..."
"Don't worry, I won't let you fall."
"You better not. If you do I'll come back and haunt your ass."
"I wouldn't mind having you by my side constantly."

His simple words comforted you. Klaus held out his hands once again, and he led you further up to the roof away from the edge.

"Sit."

You try to get comfortable on the cold tiles, and Klaus stays standing. Cracking his knuckles, he closes his eyes. His hands start to shake, and you begin to grow worried at the lack of not knowing what the hell he's about to do. Suddenly, a bright blue light shines out of his palms. Shielding your eyes, you turn away from him and look down at the ground. To your surprise, you see a plethora of glowing blue people walking around. They all seem lost and confused, stumbling about and continuously looking towards Klaus for guidance. Some of the people are leaking blood through various holes in their body, others are sickly pale and covered in sores, some are even carrying their heads in their hands. It takes a lot for you to look away, and you feel scared. You put your hand on Klaus'.

"Please, stop. I don't want to see anymore."

Klaus stops shaking and tries to catch his breath like he just ran a 10 mile long race. The blue glow disappears from his hands and so do the people that were walking around. Collapsing on the roof, he lets out a little sniffle. You wrap your arms around him and lean into him, rubbing his back and telling him it's okay. You were shocked and didn't really know what to say. He had to live like that? Constantly? With those freaky looking corpses constantly walking around, you wouldn't be able to sleep either.

"Are you okay Y/N? I hope it didn't scare you."
"Don't worry about me, worry about yourself for once."

You're silent for a moment.

"Thank you for showing me that. It was...interesting. But thank you. It was kind of cool to see."
"If you think that was cool, you should see Luther when he gets pissed. I swear I've been thrown at, like, a thousand walls when he's in a bad mood."

With your arm still wrapped around him, you bring him to lay down on the roof. Staring up into the grey sky, you enjoy the warmth his body is producing. You feel at peace, with just the sound of the breeze blowing around and Klaus' gentle breathing.

"So...we're getting married."

You groaned. You had been trying not to think about it, but it seems Klaus had other plans.

"Yeah. I guess we are."
"I can tell you don't want to talk about it, but it's not like we can ignore it."
"I know. I just..."

You look for the right words, feeling so vulnerable and scared.

"We're so young. I mean, 16? And our parents are basically telling us 'meet this complete stranger and fall in love with him!' I really don't want to regret this. I just want to have a life, you know? Go out and party and do stupid things and get hurt and live through it! I'm scared that if I get married, I won't have that choice anymore."
"I get it. I'm not happy about it either-"
"You don't seem to be protesting about it though."
"I've tried to fight my dad, and it never ends pretty. It's easier to just pretend I'm happy with whatever he decides then have to suffer under Reginald's wrath. Plus...you're not the worst person to be getting married you."

Laughing loudly, you punch his chest.

"Yeah well, I guess you're not the worst person to get married to either."
"I'm flattered L/N. What do you want the colour scheme of our wedding to be?"
"I'm assuming we will have to go with dark blue and red. That seems to be a favourite colour around here."
"I'm letting my father dictate my life, not my wedding. What's your favourite colour?"
"I guess it's F/C?"
"Well then, colour scheme picked. What about cake?"

You two talked for hours about the wedding. It didn't really seem to bother you anymore. If anything, you were kind of excited. Talking to him was easy, and Klaus had a way to make everything funny. The dark grey clouds disappeared after a few hours, and before you knew it the sky was getting lighter. Not wanting to get into anymore trouble, you two headed back to your rooms, and Klaus helped you jump back down back onto the table, landing on the balcony. Looking up at Klaus, you couldn't hold back anymore. Pressing your lips to his lightly, he immediately responded and moved his against yours. They were slightly chapped and freezing cold, but it didn't bother you one single bit. Pulling away slowly, you smiled up at him. His cheeks were lightly dusted pink and he couldn't stop grinning.

"This seems awfully cliche Y/N."
"Goodnight Romeo. Don't die trying to get into your room."
"Goodnight my Juliet."

You watched him crawl back across the gutter and jump down onto his balcony. Looking back over at you, he smiled once again before trying to open his door. It didn't budge.

"Um...oh no."

You stood there in your doorway and laughed as he violently shook his door, trying to get it to open.

"Night Klaus!"
"No, Y/N, help me!"

Walking into your room, you close the door and draw the curtains. You can hear his yelling from outside and you laugh to yourself. Snuggling back into bed, sleep came easier this time and you fell asleep quickly, mind only on Klaus.