Reincarnation

What is Reincarnation

    Reincarnation is the belief that one is reborn in another body at the point of death.

    It is the belief that one has lived before and will live again in another body. The bodies one passes in and out of need not be human.

    One may have been a Doberman in a past life, and one may be a mite or a grasshopper in a future life. Some people avoid eating certain animals because they believe that the souls of their ancestors dwell in those animals.

    Ancient Egyptians believed in reincarnation, or transmigration of the soul, and embalmed the body in order to preserve it. This was to allow the body to journey along with the soul to the next world or life.

    A recent survey showed that almost one in four Americans believe in reincarnation. The percentage should be higher in Asian culture.

    Buddhists regard rebirth as a fact, believing that each person has lived many lives in the past and will continue to live more lives in the future.

    In recent years, much research has been done on the possibility of rebirth. The case of bridey Murphy is well-documented.

    Mrs Ruth Simmons of the United States recollected ago. she said she has been Bridy Murphy in the year 1789 and gave full details of Bridey's life. The details were later checked and found to be quite accurate although, in her present life, Mrs Simmons had never been outside the US.

    In Buddhism, there are six realms in which one may be reborn after death. They are the realms of god's, the demigods, human beings, animals, hungry ghosts and hell beings.

    The realm into which one is reborn and one's conditions of rebirth are determined by one's past and present actions. This is the law of karma where positive, caring actions will bring positive results back to you while negative, hurtful actions will results in suffering.

    In other words, you reap what you sow or what goes around comes around.

    The concept of karma is common to both Buddhism and Hinduism.

    Hindus believe that the soul is immortal and is reincarnated in a new body after a person dies. Thus, you have works and evolve spiritually so your next life will be better than the previous one.

    Hindus seek to eventually break free of the cycle of reincarnation and attain eternal bliss of the soul, called moksha. But one can go through millions of reincarnations before moksha.

    During these reincarnations, one can evolve into a higher or lower form of life (for example, as a plant, tree or animal). Hopefully, one will eventually work off all the bad karma and attain unity with the divine.

    When one attains Misha, there is no need for further reincarnation.

    In Buddhism, the ultimate goal is to reach Nibbana or Nirvana.

    Buddha reached the state of Nirvana during his enlightenment. Nirvana literally means extinguishing or unbinding. When one finds complete freedom from desire, jealousy and ignorance, a state of bliss is achieved.

    There is no longer the need for the cycle of birth and death.

    Life is fragile. Let's live it as fully as we can, while we can.

Wrote - 531

Thank you for reading,  hope you enjoy it ❤💜

Bye