chapter 3

Yuuki stands alone in a dark hallway. She recognizes the place. It was her first middle high school. Her body feels like its floating in the air.She was taken to the staircase and to her own class. The class she wished she never stepped her foot in. After that she saw two dark figures. They are girls . They wore the same school uniforms. One with a long hair and one with a ponytail . She could see that The long haired girl was pulling the other girl’s head. She was hitting her head to the wall of the class , then she spilled some liquid from a bottle. It gives off a strong smell. It’s some kind of an oil

“Are you stupid or something?!!! Say something! Cry! Or scream! You asked me to do anything that’ll satisfy me huh? But how can I be satisfied if I don’t see any fear or pain in your eyes.. tell me! TELL ME!!”

The long haired girl slapped the other a few times.She kicked her in the stomach. Her body was full of bruises her hair is a mess and there’s some blood at the corner of her lips. She must have been through a lot of pain. Yuuki wants to scream for her but she just couldn’t do so. At least not with her being invisible. She wishes to stop them.

The other girl was lying on the floor. She didn’t even shed a tear. Not even one single drop of tears. Her eyes shows no emotion. She seemed like she’s waiting for something to happen. She just lay there and let herself be hurt by someone else

“SAY SOMETHING! OR YOU NEED ME TO MAKE YOU ASK FOR YOUR LIFE, YOU’RE A HARD-HEADED GIRL ARENT YOU?!!!!!!!!!! YOU’RE PISSING ME OFF!!!” She threw a chair on her.

There’s a light that catches Yuuki’s eye. It came from a lighter in the hand of the long haired girl.

“NOOOO!!!”

KRIIIIIINGGGGG!!!

The sound of the digital alarm clock woke her up. It was a dream. It was the same dream that she had for years. Every morning she would find herself waking up in tears. It was time for school. She took some books and put it into her new bag that Masaki bought for her. She runs to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She took a quick bath just enough to keep her awake.

Downstairs, her grandfather is preparing her raw tuna for breakfast and a bowl of milk. He was happy to prepare breakfast for his only family member.

“Dad…you made tuna sashimi for today’s breakfast!  Its my favourite! “

“of course..”

He cuddled his daughter Maya. Her warmth never leaves his memory. He wanted her to be here and prepare breakfast for yuuki. Unfortunately she ‘s been gone for a long time now.

       Masaki was busy polishing Yuuki’s shoes. Although he knew that Lady yuuki will always make them a bit dirty again on her way to school because she just doesn’t want to stand out . When both of them hear yuuki’s footsteps going down the staircase. They greeted her.

“ good morning Yuuki!”

“ good morning la…”

Yuuki glared at Masaki.

“Yuuki..” He smiled.

He take her to the small dining table. Her favourite breakfast awaits her. Fresh tuna sashimi and a bowl of milk. The perfect breakfast to start her wonderful morning. She curled her legs and sat on the tatami floor. She sips the fresh and creamy milk. They tasted like it’s the tastiest milk for her.

Her body changed into a white cat. She licks the bowl until it is perfectly clean. Then she changes form into herself again. Then she changes back into a cat when she reaches for the sashimi. She changes form into a cat when her instincts as a cat reaches a certain level.

When she’s done she quickly grabs her bag and went to the front door. Her black school shoes goes into her small feet. She knew masaki polished it from one look. Then she walk to the school and make sure her shoes doesn’t look as shiny as it was.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Yuuki..” Hayami whispered. Trying not to catch the teacher’s attention. It was mathematics period. He hates maths.

Yuuki was trying to ignore him. She opens her book and pretend she was reading.

“yuu….ki….” He tried to reach for her shoulder. She turned to look at the windows pretending not to see him.

“Yuuu….”

“Ueto! What are you doing? Come to the front and solve this.

He was reluctant because he didn’t know a thing what the teacher taught just now. He admitted that he doesn’t know. Everyone laughed. Yuuki laughed behind her textbook. The nerdy guy that has now become the new class president put out his tongue and teased him.

He sit back on his seat,disappointed.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Yuuki!” He ran for her in the library. Yuuki tried to hide behind a bookshelf. But he founded her.

“I want to say im really sorry, why are you running away from me, during the class, and when it was time for break you quickly took Reina with you. Im sorry but we’re classmates aren’t we?”

“I didn’t” she tries to deny it.

“Yes you did. What can I do to make this awkward situation to become normal again?”

“Then just ignore me..”

“ I cant, I cant ignore you, you sit right beside me!, okay well I have an idea.. why don’t we pretend that we haven’t met before and everything that happened has never happened..” He make a gesture to show that he’s serious about it.

“emm…okay” yuuki held out her pinky.

“En~”

They have now vowed to never  speak of the incident ever again.

Then they took a sit at the same table in the library. They finally chat as a new friend should.Reina joined them and she was surprised to see them talking casually with each other.

 But they didn’t know that there were eyes watching them. Two pair of eyes that is filled with jealousy.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Yuuki lets walk home together..” Reina invited her.

“en~ do you mind if he joins?” Yuuki points at Hayami.

“ I wouldn’t mind at all, nee nee Hayami. The three of us can be bestfriend . don’t you think?”

“well..i don’t know but im just fine with it.” He laughed.

They walked and walked. Every few seconds you can hear them laugh or screamed or shrieking happily.Reina was the first to reached her home. Her house is really big. She seems like she comes from a rich family. Hayami was really impressed. He said his house is like a quarter of reina’s house. She promised to invite Yuuki and Hayami for teatime someday.