twenty six; home

THE ONE WHERE THEY GET OUT FOR SUMMER.

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y S I X ;

third person pov;

m i l l i e sat with her legs crossed on her springy dorm mattress, taking a break from the tiring task of packing. she'd return to college once summer concluded with all of her friends, except for sadie sink. millie wasn't sure about her decision considering her pregnancy, they haven't spoken a word to each other. millie assumed caleb was the father, but he had no clue she was carrying a baby, and with sadie's past decisions it was hard to judge if caleb was the contributor.

losing her train of thought, which often happened, she hopped off the poor excuse of an unmade bed. all that was left to do was drive back to her hometown which would take some hours. finn, noah, sadie and herself all lived in the same gated neighborhood, but caleb lived a few over.

with one step outside, millie encountered a claw at her throat and a large contraction in her stomach, sending her quickly to the toilet. her insides emptied into the bowl, a wave of nausea hitting her violently. it burned against her sore throat as if choking her. a single hot tear slid down her skin not from sadness but from exhaustion, her clammy hands held the edges of the toilet seat until it was done.

leftover smelly residue lined the outside of her drained lips, she tugged at the roll of nearby toilet paper to uncomfortably wipe it off. carefully standing, she stepped into the mirror to clean up her presentation. the acidic vomit weakened her insides and damaged her tastebuds, making her want to throw up a second time from how putrid it was.

once gathering herself, she hobbled out of her dorm and into her cluttered car with a pasty face. though when she was ready to leave, she was faced with a line of cars all trying to do the same thing.

"you going already?" a familiar and slightly husky voice called out, the boy came up to her rolled down window and leaned in with a dorky smile. "i was eager to see hermione," referring to her cat at home that she did heavily miss.

finn laughed remembering past times spent with the feline, "well i'll be heading out too, in uhm... an hour or something. promise we can still hang over the summer?"

an obnoxious honk blared from the car horn behind her, as her car needed to be further up in the line than where it was now. millie pushed finn's elbows off the window and drove up, he followed and continued the conversation.

"can we hang out though?" he repeated, his eyes bearing a puppy like relation. "yes," she playfully rolled her eyes. finn glanced back at noah who was attempting to load heavy boxes into his car, "oh my god i need to help this idiot before he fucking breaks everything."