Chapter 4: Family Getting Bigger

Chapter 4: family getting bigger

The next morning I woke up to the smell of my mum making pancakes. I sat up in my bed as I rubbed my eyes. 

I slept with my glasses on again. I tend to do that. What happened last night, did that all really happen? Or was it just a crazy dream.

 I then remembered what Skater told me. "You're pretty hot too" It definitely was a dream. No one (especially a Birdtile) would say that I was pretty hot. That was a shattered dream that will never come true.

 I got out of bed and walked over to my vanity. Was I pretty hot? I examined myself in the mirror. I mean, if you take away the fox ears and my tail I guess I'm ok looking. But his words still felt vague to me according to what others see. 

Maybe I was beautiful and everyone else just didn't see it. But yet again, I was still part fox, part Birdtile. I was no beauty Queen. 

I got dressed in my normal clothes: my green sweater, blue skirts and leggings, and a white shirt. I always try to find a way to hide my tail under my skirt, but it never ends well so I just leave it as it is. 

I left my room and headed for the dining room. My parents were lecturing my brother (as usual) when I walked in. I was in utter shock on what they were lecturing him about.

 At the table sat Happyness, Dicky, and Croc. They all had their heads down as mum and daddy lectured them. "Whenever there is someone who is in need of help, let us know about it." Daddy told Croc. 

"And when you are in need of help, come to an adult, ok Sweetie?" Mum said to Happyness. She nodded. I took a step closer. I made a silent creak in the floorboards.

 Now most people wouldn't hear the sound I made. But the thing about my mum and daddy is that they have excellent senses and really good instincts so they could hear me from a mile. My mum instantly pulled out an arrow from her quiver, loaded her bow and fired in about 2.05 milliseconds. 

The arrow missed me by an inch, but that didn't fazed me for I was used to it. They finally noticed it was me there instead of an intruder. 

"Oops! Sorry about that Sweetie." Mum apologized as she put her bow and arrow away. I nodded and just stared at Happiness and Dicky.

 They both looked shocked by mum aiming an arrow at me and firing like it was nothing. Daddy and mum noticed that I was staring at them. 

"Uh Foxohawk," my daddy began. "This is Happyness and Dicky." He introduced them to me. Happiness gave a weak smile and waved at me. Dicky just floated there, not saying anything to me. 

"They will be staying with us for a while." My mum added. This moment of being introduced to the same people who randomly showed up last night was very awkward in my prospective. 

I wonder what they thought. Meeting me the night before and the next day, finally actually introducing themselves to me. 

Then it occurred to me. If Happyness and Dicky were real and not from a dream, then was Skater real as well? If Skater was real then the things he told me were real as well, right?

 I had so many questions about what exactly happened last night. But I knew that they couldn't be answered any time soon.