Chapter 23

Lauren's POV:

I'm not a drama queen. What I said to Harrington is true. Brad does abuse me when he is angry. I felt safe in Harrington's arms. It's like she is my protector from Brad. The boys are planning on fighting the DC's 5 a week before December, but if something gets worse, they'll have to fight them earlier.

I grab Harrington's hand and took her to my room. I grab some sweats and tank top and gave it to Harrington. "There's a bathroom over there." I said and she nod her head. She walk in the bathroom and I change to a big shirt and booty shorts. I climb under the covers of my bed and scroll through my phone. I notice a message is sent to our group chat.

Polyprincess😘: Lauser?! What is this rumor that some people in school saw you hanging out with the hot Harrington?!

Mah Queen👑: Hold up. Correction, Harrington is not the only one hot. There's also Chamber with the six-pack. Right Ally. 😏

Polyprincess 😘: Yeah, yeah. Whatever.😒

Lauser😎: To answer your question Dinah, yes I am hanging out with Harrington. In fact I invited her in my house. And what is this. Ally has a crush on Chamber?

Smallz: Umm. Next question.

Lauser😎: I need to sleep. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

I closed my phone and put it on the night stand. I saw Harrington leaning on the wall with her hands in the pocket and the legs crossed.

"Are you just gonna stand there and watch me sleep or be with beside me and make me comfy?"

"I'd rather prefer to stare at you actually. There's not a lot of gorgeous girls like you around." She said and that made me blush.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "Fine, I'll make you comfy." She walk to the bed and I move aside because I was settled at the center. She lay down and lift the covers up to her upper body. "You gonna sleep on your own or watch me sleep. What's your choice?" She asked with her eyes closed and crossed arms. I hit her chest with the back of my hand and she giggle. I close the lamp and settle under the covers.

"Lauren?" I hum in response. "Good night." She said quietly as I look at her. Her brown eyes are looking back at me.

"Good night, ringtone." I said playfully and she huffed as she face the other side. "Oh don't be mad at me." I whined like a child as I hug her from behind. She smells good, even after a long day.

"I'm not mad, just tired. You are tired as well, so go to sleep." She mumbled against the pillow.

"Ok, ok. Night night." I was still hugging Harrington from behind. I guess she doesn't mind at all.

*The next day*

The sun was peeking out through the curtains. I adjust my eyes as I stretch a little. I face the other side only to notice that Harrington is not beside. I heard a door click and my gaze move towards the bathroom door.

Harrington came out with a towel placed on her neck and drying up her hair. She's wearing a sports bra and a different sweatpants. My eyes move to her toned six-pack ab stomach. Damn, better than in pictures it is.

"Take a picture, maybe it'll last longer." Her voice cut me off.

"No thank you. I have many of those already. I think it's better in real life. It will stuck in my head." I replied as she walk to the bed.

"Good morning to you. BTW here are the clothes you let me borrow last night. I used my extra clothes in the car for replacement." She put the clothes on the bed. "Oh and I'll return the extra towel too, later on." She continued while still drying her hair. I smile to let her know it's fine. Definitely keeping the clothes and towel.