Chapter 2

Emberkit yawned and stretched her back letting her eyes flit open, only then did she realize that the den was empty Icekit and Hawkkit were gone. Emberkit looked around for her mother Flowerfrost but she wasn't there. Emberkit was frightened had something terrible happened over night? No Snowkit wouldn't leave without me, speaking of Snowkit....... Emberkit turned around to see her sister curled up in the nest. Emberkit curios now padded outside of the den.

"Wow!" She exclaimed looking at the camp all the cats in the clan were gathered in front of the leaders rock. Emberkit spotted Sparrowfur, Cloudmist and.... Was that Icekit and Hawkkit? She stretched her neck trying to get a better look.

"Emberkit!" Emberkit whipped her head around to see Lionpaw motioning for Emberkit to come sit by him at the edge of the clearing. Emberkit padded over and asked

"What's going on"

"See for yourself " Emberkit sat down next to the medicine cat apprentice and watched as Thornstar started speaking

"Today I'm here to celebrate one of the most important things I do as a leader" he paused to take a breath "Today we are here for the naming of two new apprentices"

Thornstar stared down at the cats in the clearing " Icekit come here" Icekit walked foward calmly and sat down at the base of the leaders rock. "Icekit from this day forth until you have recived your warrior name you will be know as Icepaw" Thornstar paused "your mentor will be Fernpelt" Icepaw nodded and stood up walking calmly over to Fernpelt. Emberkit thought that it was funny how different they looked. Icekit was entirely dark grey with ocean blue eyes. Fernpelt was a light brown with a dark brown patch across his back he also had fern green eyes. "Hawkkit come here" Thorstar said. Hawkkit let out a squeak and sprinted up to the rock falling over on his face when he tried to stop. "From this day foward until you receive your warrior name you will be know as Hawkpaw" Thornstar purred clearly amused by Hawkpaws antics. "Your mentor will be..." Thornstar hesitated as if contemplating a decision "Sparrowfur" Thornstar finally decided. With a squeak of joy Hawkpaw raced over to Sparrowfur barreling into him. Emberkit had to stifle a hiss I'm not jealous she told herself everyone started calling out Hawkpaw and Icepaws names.

"Icepaw,Hawkpaw,Icepaw,Hawkpaw!" Emberkit joined in cheering on her denmates.

One day I'm gonna be just like them! Emberkit thought and I guess I am a little bit jealous. "I'm going to be the best warrior ever!" Emberkit vowed to herself and with that she skipped back to the nursery.

Hey guys! Anyone who wants to contribute to the story can post names for Emberkit and Snowkit's future mentors in the comments! Btw the cat in the picture for this chapter is Icepaw.